• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 MLB draft thread

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Well, there was some chatter about him going #1 overall, so that's probably what they're basing that on (i.e., actual draft position vs. projected).

Hmm…I would assume he didn’t draft as high due to his age. I wouldn’t have minded the Halos drafting a SS, but I’m fine with Bachman at this point 

1 minute ago, rageous said:

So was Bachmann picked so they can save money on draft money for later rounds?

Some people believe that.  It's kind of interesting to see some of the opinions out there.  BBA, a place noted for being all about tools and big bodied pitchers was higher on him than FGs, a place dedicated to to analytics.   Given some of the information out there about Bachman and how his stuff reads on the tech stuff, I'd have figured the two would be somewhat reverse.

All I know is pretty much everyone had Bachman with two plus plus pitches.  Some had them as two 70 grades, others at 70 and 65.  Either way they are elite level pitches.   Given how much more they have been able to get out of Detmers, maybe see something they like and think they can improve on.  

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Pitching prospects are so volatile and unpredictable that it's just not worth getting worked up about them passing on one arm for another.

Exactly this. The only way this pick would have been a true waste is if they spent it on a position that isn't an immediate need.

3 minutes ago, failos said:

I’ll have to check that out. I’m usually a scotch guy (mostly Johnnie Walker), so I don’t know much about Bourbon.

Honestly, anything made by Buffalo Trace is good. Many are very hard to find though.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Honestly, anything made by Buffalo Trace is good. Many are very hard to find though.

Yeah, my coworker lives next to their distillery—so I decided to give it a shot based on his recommendation. Still not able to fully discern the nuances of bourbons, but I definitely like this more than Maker’s Mark. 

Edited by failos

As we said before the draft, Jobe, Rocker, Bachman, Madden, we were all fine with any of these. 

The Angels went with Bachman. 

As far as savings money, doubtful. He was projected to go anywhere between #6 and #18. Going at nine is right there in that expected zone. #9-15 was expected. 

Honestly, I'm not worried about his change up, I think it's going to be effective. Mostly, he just needs to stay healthy and throw strikes. As long as he does that, I think he'll be solid.