• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels GM Search Thread - down to Justin Hollander and Perry Minasian, Minasian is the frontrunner

mmc

58 minutes ago, Lou said:

From whom?

Former Mets GM Jim Duquette on MLB Radio.

He also mentioned a few days ago that he heard there was going to be at least 15 people interviewing for the GM job, and they are at least at 14 now, so that makes me think that the information he's getting is correct since his previous information was also correct.

• mmc changed the title to Angels GM Search Thread - (Angels interview Billy Owens, Logan White, Jared Porter, Justin Hollander, J.J. Picollo, Scott Sharp, Gene Watson, Ruben Amaro Jr Jason McLeod, Bobby Evans, Matt Arnold, Michael Hill, Dan Jennings, and Amiel Sawdaye)
  • mmc changed the title to Angels GM Search Thread - (Angels interview Owens, White, Porter, Hollander, Picollo, Sharp, Watson, Amaro Jr, McLeod, Evans, Arnold, Hill, Jennings, and Sawdaye)
2 minutes ago, floplag said:

This is in my view not good to bring in sooooo many, it suggest they dont really have a plan.
Has anyone ever interviewed so many in the past?  I cant think of one.
This isnt enhancing my calm. 

It's also a good way if gathering information as to how an extensive group of baseball people would run an organization.

I think it's brilliant.

9 hours ago, ukyah said:

can we not lump dipoto and eppler together because they're certainly not the same.

Say what you want.... Under Dipoto in 2014 we had the best record in baseball and with Eppler we never had a winning record. Both failed miserably with succeeding in the playoffs. It doesn't matter who built what or who signed who. We haven't been good since 2009. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

It's also a good way if gathering information as to how an extensive group of baseball people would run an organization.

I think it's brilliant.

It’s actually overall a good pool of candidates.  For the last two hires I remembered a much smaller pool and that DiPoto and Eppler were almost front runners (Eppler was the runner up when Dipoto was hired IIRC).  

I’m sure they will also hear from all these guys the importance of investments in scouting and development as most of them come from teams strong in those areas.  Can’t have this stressed enough.