• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

Just now, rafibomb said:

I know the Angels org is usually tight-lipped about everything but as more time passes I am getting the feeling that we might not be in on Bauer like everyone thinks.

I am too, but still hopeful. 

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Sign this guy.

He'll be expensive. He comes with risk. Sounds like a douchebag.

But aside from the obvious need, if we dont get him, we play this same game the next year and the next. There is no perfect free agent.

we need a douchebag on this team. Everyone seems too nice.

46 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Agreed.

Looking back we should have signed Corbin. 6/140 doesn't sound crazy anymore.

Cole was the perfect FA and look what he cost.

Bauer 4/120, baggage and all, will be best opportunity. 

I think that sums it up best. Meaning, if we balk here, the price next time around is more... and more...

I really liked cole. I wont pretend ive always wanted bauer. But we cant keep waiting for mr perfect.... thats how you end up with 8 cats, and flirting with the UPS guy.

In a perfect world, Bauer signs with the Angels because he wants to be on the team and gets paid an amount that satisfies him. In reality, Bauer probably signs with a team offering the most money. I am not sure about having a player who plays mainly for the name on the back of his uniform  Considering all the weird and tragic stuff that has happened to the Angels, I wonder what Bauer would do if things don’t go as planned.

17 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

This basically sums it up. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon and we can a pitcher, whether that's Bauer or someone else. 

Cole was the Angels priority last year, but were outspent by the Skanks. Which is exactly where Cole wanted to go. He was a Yankee fan. That is when the Angels went after Rendon. Rendon was never priority one. He was number 2.

12 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Cole was the Angels priority last year, but were outspent by the Skanks. Which is exactly where Cole wanted to go. He was a Yankee fan. That is when the Angels went after Rendon. Rendon was never priority one. He was number 2.

Arte wanted Rendon. Could he have outspent the Yankees to get Cole? Yes, but considering how high his contract was, it probably wouldn't have been worth it.

When Arte wants somebody, he goes all in.

Now, that brings two things to my mind:

1. This is a down year, with teams less willing to spend. If Arte really wants Bauer, there really isn't any serious competition for a long term deal. Mets reportedly offer 4 years. Dodgers might be interested in that range or shorter. If Arte goes 6+ at an aav close to what Bauer's asking (we don't know what he's asking with any certainty), I think they could get him.
  2. Whether Arte wants Bauer or not may be secondary to the latter question: Does Bauer want Arte? He may view the Angels as analytically backward - when Eppler left, Arte implied analytics were something he didn't like - Bauer may also see Arte as much of baseball does: As an owner who meddles too much and could be the reason they aren't competitive. He may see that and think, I really don't want to be there.

Guess we'll find out soon.