• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

Yeah. The article is stated as if everyone should've known this, yet an article indicating such was never posted before today.

Yeah, I mean... Callaway has been the pitching coach for over a year. If him being here was a non-starter for Bauer, why wasn’t this public information all along? Heck, Arte himself should have said or had someone say Bauer wasn’t likely an option, since we know how much he hates the Angels being used as leverage in negotiations.

4 minutes ago, ADHB said:

Also, if the Angels were “never” a good fit for Bauer, why wasn’t this published 2 months ago? The premise of the article in combination with the timing doesn’t make any sense.

As to her saying all the Angels’ top prospects are high risk, not even sure what that means. I suppose they are high risk, but no more high risk than any other prospect except for maybe the top 2 or 3. And I doubt any team is demanding a top 2 or 3 prospect for a starter, unless she’s talking about guys like Castillo, who were likely never available anyway.

Why would the Angels come out and say that 2 months ago? Makes no sense for them to completely eliminate themselves.

You never know how things may play out. Look at the whole Porter/Mets thing. What if the Mets had ruled out Bauer due to the incident with Kate after the Porter news. Now all of a sudden maybe Bauer is sitting around with no suitors. 

Sounds like there was never a real possibility but it makes no sense to close the door on yourself in case of the off chance he becomes a realistic option

Just now, beatlesrule said:

I know but that shows her ignorance. The Angels can get a front line starter if they wanted him bad enough.

I wouldn't call Gray a "front line" starter, personally, but I agree. 

Adell might be a "high risk" guy but so are almost all top prospects. 

As for Marsh and Detmers, they're about as sure as it gets as far as prospects go. Both will be major leaguers. 

Such an idiotic, uneducated statement to make. And she's our "beat writer"? Fuck that noise.

I think they could/could have gotten a better starter than Quintana with their prospects. 

Whether that would've been a good move is another matter.  By all accounts, theres not a ton of depth and a lot of the top guys have little experience and/or are very young

If this is true its a letdown, obviously.

Buuuut, his track record is kind of risky in regards to the money hes gonna cost. If we did sign him id be happy, but in reality they might be better not...

Watched a video of him last night. Apparently his emergence is in a big part because of the shit bubba was selling.... and MLB may end up cracking down on that. Which will be interesting if that happens, for a lot of pitchers

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I know there’s interesting guys.  Rodriguez is a fun prospect but he’s also a guy that’s barely pitched in 3 years.  I don’t give a shit what Scotty says.  Of course high hopes for Detmers.  Still doesn’t seem like this commitment to Trout we kept hearing about. 

It's not just Scotty and it's not just Angels fans or scouts.   The only question mark with Rodriguez is if the back is 100% -- until he goes a season without a flare up or issue related to his back it will be something people will talk about but nobody questions his stuff, or his ability to get outs.   This was also true of Marsh when he signed and was found to have a similar issue and yet nobody talks about it anymore.

Lastly -- Sandoval hasn't done it yet, but he's quietly done some peripheral stuff that makes one believe he's a solid candidate for breakout.  He's one of like 8 pitchers in all of MLB to have elite level K percentages with two pitches.  He's not someone you can consider a sure thing or view as a core piece but he's a world better than he's shown early on.

I get being upset if they arent at all in on Bauer -- it sucks..   But they really, really need a safe type acquisition. Someone that can be counted on to go at least 5 innings, not because he's a workhorse but because he would get knocked out of games after two innings

14 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Yeah, there's no way the Reds don't take Adell and Marsh for Gray.

Or Marquez or Hendricks. 

While I wouldn't do it, if we offered one of Adell/Marsh along with Chris Rodriguez/Reid Detmers, we could get any of those top arms IMO. 

FWIW

Watched this last night and is pretty interesting. If it actually is true, the "sticky stuff" might be behind his breakout more than anything else. And if it gets cracked down on, thats a gamble for the 150+ it would take to sign him.

Then again, i dont really think mlb will crack down on it any more than steroids, which are still out there

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

FWIW

Watched this last night and is pretty interesting. If it actually is true, the "sticky stuff" might be behind his breakout more than anything else. And if it gets cracked down on, thats a gamble for the 150+ it would take to sign him.

Then again, i dont really think mlb will crack down on it any more than steroids, which are still out there

Damn I wish our pitchers could use that shit

Just now, failos said:

Damn I wish our pitchers could use that shit

Weird thing is bubba was hooking up the rest of the league

I have no idea how accurate that video is. But the part that got me was the one inning stint, and his response when asked about it. Im not even accusing him of being dirty, or cheating. Its just really interesting if true.

Also, if he goes to the mets, that will be kind of fun to watch... the him and cole thing.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

FWIW

Didn't we let go one of our clubhouse guys because he was supplying the sticky stuff?

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Weird thing is bubba was hooking up the rest of the league

I have no idea how accurate that video is. But the part that got me was the one inning stint, and his response when asked about it. Im not even accusing him of being dirty, or cheating. Its just really interesting if true.

Also, if he goes to the mets, that will be kind of fun to watch... the him and cole thing.

I didn’t finish the video, it’s interesting though. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s used the sticky stuff before, but I think its efficacy is being overhyped.

also F the Mets and Skanks

Edited by failos

Just now, failos said:

I didn’t finish the video, it’s interesting though. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s used the sticky stuff before, but I think it’s efficacy is being overhyped.

also F the Mets and Skanks

Give the video a watch. 

Then set aside an hour or so to go down the rabbit hole of that sites other videos. Theres some cool baseball stuff.

But in terms of this stuff, yeah, maybe its overhyped. But check the part about bauers single inning performance in 2019.... pretty interesting.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I am not suggesting this. Just wondering if that is the only thing holding up a deal with coming to Anaheim and if he told Arte he would sign if they got a different pitching coach. For example, the Angels offered a contract he liked but he is adamant about not playing for Callaway and they are choosing Callaway over him.

Bauer has an even bigger ego than we realized if he's making a demand like this.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/01/angels-not-expected-to-pursue-trevor-bauer.html

Pretty much the nail in the coffin when MLBTR is reporting it.

We've known that Bauer doesn't like Callaway for months now and it was suggested then their could possibly be a problem. I'm wondering if Bauer's agent being a female has anything to do with the fact that a female is reporting the story. Could she have given Maria the scoop on the article? Girl power going on?

Minasian grew up in clubhouses. He knows pitchers have been using illegal substances for years, and that it has now reached its fever pitch. The league is on the verge of being forced to investigate and ban it, because it's making them look bad. 

Maddon knows about, Callaway obviously does too. For a lot of reasons, they need to steer clear of Bauer. But the question then becomes, who can they acquire that isn't specifically benefiting from illegal substances? Who is clean? 

I think that's where Minasian and the coaching staff and their vast network and respect in the league probably come into play.