• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

not a peep from him on his courting process in 5 days.  I think he's about to make a decision or already has and is just waiting for some details to get ironed out.  

my guess is that he'll be the first to break the news about the team he's going to but it will start with eyeball emojis or something like that followed by some other hints like some lame twitter scavenger hunt.  

24 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

not a peep from him on his courting process in 5 days.  I think he's about to make a decision or already has and is just waiting for some details to get ironed out.  

my guess is that he'll be the first to break the news about the team he's going to but it will start with eyeball emojis or something like that followed by some other hints like some lame twitter scavenger hunt.  

Yeah, I'd be stunned if he didn't break the news himself. Him being quiet recently does seem a bit curious, but I still think he's a ways away from signing.

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Agree. I think this week he signs. It'll be very hard for him to be the first to announce it. Someone from any team (even the hush hush Angels) will spill the beans. Unless he has someone from the team announce it for him on his vlogs. 

*Jon Heyman take with grain of salt*

This sees like the same direction to Mets are in with looking to strengthen bullpen. 
If true, might leave White Sox and Angels in the Bauer mix. 

Though, I wouldn't count the Angels out with having Springer as a deeeeeep backup plan. Then they'd flip someone like Adell for an Ace. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 7.04.38 AM.png

16 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

*Jon Heyman take with grain of salt*

This sees like the same direction to Mets are in with looking to strengthen bullpen. 
If true, might leave White Sox and Angels in the Bauer mix. 

Though, I wouldn't count the Angels out with having Springer as a deeeeeep backup plan. Then they'd flip someone like Adell for an Ace. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 7.04.38 AM.png

That could make sense if there was an ace to be had for Adell. But it doesn’t appear there is. Otherwise, that trade likely would have materialized by now. 

5 minutes ago, wopphil said:

That could make sense if there was an ace to be had for Adell. But it doesn’t appear there is. Otherwise, that trade likely would have materialized by now. 

It could have, but aside from their small signings, it seems nothing has materialized for the Angels. 

Bigger things needs to happen for them this week. They're on the same (salary saving path) that they were on last year before making an offer to Cole to only then sign Rendon. 

Angels have gotten 2 good relievers and their catching option for scraps. They're making it seem like they're gearing up to offer Bauer some cash, but this week will tell with what happens. 

But wouldn't be surprised at all if it's a trade for Musgrove, sign Quintana and then someone like Pederson and they call it good. It's playoff caliber, but it'll be filled with interesting games...

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

But wouldn't be surprised at all if it's a trade for Musgrove, sign Quintana and then someone like Pederson and they call it good. It's playoff caliber, but it'll be filled with interesting games...

This would make for a very good offseason IMO, and a team that would compete for the division if healthy. 

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yup, but we already have a very good offense. The Angels have proven to themselves that a strong offense won't win game when pitching gives up 5+/gm

The offense could stand to improve still. RF is a dead zone, and who knows what we will get from LF. Pederson would be a nice addition. 

The pessimistic me believes he has never given serious consideration to the Angels because of Callaway and is using the Angels to create a better market for himself.

The optimistic me... oh hell, who am I kidding...

The homer me, just wants it to happen despite the odds and just because many are acting like he’s not coming to Anaheim.

48 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

A few questions about Bauers preferences come up with the Mets seeming to be frontrunners.  Will the Mets analytics infrastructure and prioritization meet his standards?  My understanding is that they are near the lower end of teams in terms of analytics.  Also, at this point, with the MLBPA holding up the universal DH, will that even be a consideration for him, going back to a NL team?  It would be interesting for him to be in the NY market alongside his nemesis Cole.  Perhaps that is the kind of drama that would fuel him.  In any event I dont think the Angels will engage in a bidding war, but I could see them make an offer that will ultimately depend on Bauer wanting to play in the AL for a more analytics friendly, playoff-cusp west coast Angels for less money.

How often do free agents actually take less to play with a supposedly favored team? It probably occasionally happens, but is usually not the case. In Bauer’s case, it seems a combination of biggest offer and proper ego-massaging, and of course the best way to massage his ego is to offer him the biggest contract. So he’ll go where the money is.

The only question I have is if he’d rather take a 4/$150M type contract to get the highest ever AAV, or if he’ll end up taking longer for less, like 8/$264M. He seems like the type of guy who likes the idea of the highest AAV, but on the other hand smart enough to recognize that re-entering free agency in his mid-30s might not be wise.

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I was expecting him to actually give a $ amount if he knew it was a record AAV deal. 
Dude is full of shit. 
Then Jon Heyman says the Mets didn't make an offer like that so who the F is right?? Good god haha

It really was classic Nightingale.   The best part is when he corrects himself in a second tweet but links back to the story with the horseshit headline.

Gotta get those clicks!

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The only question I have is if he’d rather take a 4/$150M type contract to get the highest ever AAV, or if he’ll end up taking longer for less, like 8/$264M. He seems like the type of guy who likes the idea of the highest AAV, but on the other hand smart enough to recognize that re-entering free agency in his mid-30s might not be wise.

As long as he can claim he was offered the highest AAV, he might be satisfied with that.