• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

Cole got the highest per year contract ever.  Saying that we got outspent is really ignoring that it's still a business.  

The problem with going higher, is that the next guy will want higher.  And if that's what we are seeing with Bauer.  Then we should do a hard pass.  

I still will go with spotrac's initial valuation and wouldn't give him more than $20 million.  If he's still insistant on $30 million or higher.  Then we should be looking elsewhere.  Even if we get Bauer, we still have a crap bullpen that will consistently blow the leads that we have barely addressed this offseason.

38 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Arte prioritized Rendon over Cole?

35 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Cole was the Angels priority last year, but were outspent by the Skanks. Which is exactly where Cole wanted to go. He was a Yankee fan. That is when the Angels went after Rendon. Rendon was never priority one. He was number 2.

15 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Arte didn't prioritize Rendon over Cole.

Cole was their first option then once he signed with the Yanks the Angels fell back on Rendon. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No. 

To all you saying that "Arte didn't prioritize Rendon over Cole," that's not true.

Look at this tweet from the Rendon press conference. It was made clear in that press conference that Moreno's preference and focus was on Rendon over Cole, and he even told Boras that before Cole signed with the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

To all you saying that "Arte didn't prioritize Rendon over Cole," that's not true.

Look at this tweet from the Rendon press conference. It was made clear in that press conference that Moreno's preference and focus was on Rendon over Cole, and he even told Boras that before Cole signed with the Yankees.

Because he wasn't going to meet Cole's salary demand. 

Ergo, he moved on to Rendon - Option B.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Because he wasn't going to meet Cole's salary demand. 

Ergo, he moved on to Rendon - Option B.

If you read this article, it's seems clear that Rendon was his priority.

"'I've got my eyes on Anthony,'  Moreno said. 'So make sure you stay plugged in on me on it.'"

11 minutes ago, Trendon said:

If you read this article, it's seems clear that Rendon was his priority.

"'I've got my eyes on Anthony,'  Moreno said. 'So make sure you stay plugged in on me on it.'"

After he met with Cole (and had offered him a $300M contract) 

Ergo, Option B

I'm not a Bauer fan because I think he will cause trouble in clubhouse. That being said he best pitcher out there and that is what halos need. Reason no other free agent signing by Minasian as he waits on Bauer. I feel Bauer's first choice is Dodgers but he cannot get deal he wants from them. If he does sign with Angels I'm sure he will have an opt out after year 1 and every other year he is signed for. Bauer would be extra icing on cake for Dodgers. The Angels it would be just trying to get a piece of cake. 

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

You dont think maybe that was when Boras let him know the Yankees were going with 9 years or whatever at 30 per?

And arte went "ok, shit, well, we're out, but how about anthony?"

5 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

She could be right. But her reasoning, "the money" and calloway" dont seem any more true than "the angels need an ace" and "they can afford him".

I think all these people are just guessing... like we are.

Like @ettin has spent years on years proposing moves that make total sense. Gets our hopes up, and is always wrong. Hes gotta be smarter than this lady, with his background and all. (No offense @ettin)