• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Interesting, Rengifo and Ward plus...  pending that final slot im liking this more and more. 

Yeah.  With Rendon aboard, there really wasn't going to be much of an opportunity for Ward moving forward.  He's basically been occupying 3B/LF, neither too well at all.

2 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

And I’m just asking: Does that make sense to you (that Boston is utterly clueless as opposed to something legitimate coming up in medical records that makes Graterol’s long term projections significantly less than those who can’t see said records might believe)?

Here is the thing.  I don't think that Boston is utterly clueless.  I think they have a plan. 

My bigger question is why are they trading Betts?  They are getting roasted everywhere for trading him.  Even the Angels found a way no matter what to keep Trout.  So why is Boston trading Betts?  Money?  I don't buy it, they are a huge market team.  And the only thing that makes any kind of conspiracy sense is that Boston knows something everyone else doesn't.  And that something is happening in Houston.  The accusations are that Boston cheated their way to the 2018 WS.  Coincidentally, that is when Betts went from a .800 OPS hitter to a 1.000 OPS hitter.  His MLB career has been .812, .820, .897, .803 OPS then 1.078 and .915 OPS.  

So I guess we'll see in 2020 if he turns back into a .800 hitter, or continues to be a .900+ hitter.  It'll also be interesting to see if he signs a long term huge contract before the season starts.  Because if he signs that huge contract, and it turns out he is only a .800 OPS hitter, the Dogs are going to get hosed.  Which is also acceptable.

55 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Seems like yesterday the Angels draft room was cheering like they just drafted Mike Trout 2.0, only to not have him stick at Catcher when his defense was touted over his bat. What an epic fail. 

Its because they knew they were going to flip him for pederson in like 8 years.

Sometimes we dont give Dipo enough credit.

seriously, this has become the most painful trade ever.  

day1:  Sweet!!!

day 2: Cool

day 3: Nice

day 4:  ok

day 5:  whatever

day 6:  'sorry, was I snoring?'

day 7:  what plays do you like

day 8:  is it further or farther?

day 9:  tony clark and scott boras weigh in

day 10:  I realize that it's probably the worst time of year for sports

day 11:  I clean out my garage.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Day 12: Can you clean out my garage?

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

At least you could look at this whole thing objectively.... because it is a detached garage!