• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

7 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I gotta be honest, 1B being Pujols, Thaiss/Walsh most of the year would turn us from a top 3 offense to closer to 5-10. There’s no excuse for not having La Stella - a guy who plays a decent, albeit unspectacular, 2B/3B - sit over Pujols (or worse have Fletcher sit). Thaiss and Walsh would be nearly as idiotic. 

I mean, we all get it. But Pujols isn't going to sit.

7 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I gotta be honest, 1B being Pujols, Thaiss/Walsh most of the year would turn us from a top 3 offense to closer to 5-10. There’s no excuse for not having La Stella - a guy who plays a decent, albeit unspectacular, 2B/3B - sit over Pujols (or worse have Fletcher sit). Thaiss and Walsh would be nearly as idiotic. 

If Walsh even approaches his AAA numbers from 2019, our offense will be truly frightening. Thaiss could get the nod if they want better OBP, which is fine too as long as they perform. Even Ward puts up good on-base numbers so he is in the mix.

8 minutes ago, ettin said:

Agree with Fletcher wholeheartedly. In the Primer Series I seriously suggested this is a chance for Walsh to shine in Spring Training in competition with Matt Thaiss and/or Taylor Ward.

La Stella will be a utility player only in my opinion barring injury.

Fletcher is the superior defender at 2B in every way shape and form. If he is not the starter, barring some bizarre trade for a new 2B, at the keystone I will be shell-shocked.

Even if you believe La Stella won’t repeat 2019, to not have him work out at 1B in camp would be idiotic. Can anyone actually give an answer why this is not feasible? 

And frankly, Walsh is garbage. Thaiss hasn’t proven he can play at the major league level either.

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, we all get it. But Pujols isn't going to sit.

Serious question: Why isn’t he going to sit? He’ll still get a lot of playing time at DH regardless given how limited Ohtani’s time will be. Simply because he makes 30 million? Even Pujols knows he isn’t better than La Stella or Fletcher. 

There’s two ways we can do this. We can be serious about winning or we can be the Los Angeles Pujols whose only reason for existing is to get Albert to his career numbers. 

I can’t believe the Angels would be that brain dead stupid when - unlike last year - they have undeniably better options. 

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

Even if you believe La Stella won’t repeat 2019, to not have him work out at 1B in camp would be idiotic. Can anyone actually give an answer why this is not feasible? 

And frankly, Walsh is garbage. Thaiss hasn’t proven he can play at the major league level either.

Serious question: Why isn’t he going to sit? He’ll still get a lot of playing time at DH regardless given how limited Ohtani’s time will be. Simply because he makes 30 million? Even Pujols knows he isn’t better than La Stella or Fletcher. 

There’s two ways we can do this. We can be serious about winning or we can be the Los Angeles Pujols whose only reason for existing is to get Albert to his career numbers. 

I can’t believe the Angels would be that brain dead stupid when - unlike last year - they have undeniably better options. 

You're preaching to the choir. But I've accepted it and have low expectations. 

I mean, if he's hurt or batting like .200 in May, then I think he'll lose playing time. But he's the starting first baseman. And like you said about Thaiss and Walsh, the Angels don't really have a better option. 

Fletcher said La Stella has only ever played 4 innings there, so I don't think he's an option.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Fletcher said La Stella has only ever played 4 innings there, so I don't think he's an option.

He plays 2B and 3B. There is zero reason he can’t make the shift to 1B if they actually try him there in Spring. It’s one thing to shift an OF like Upton to 1B. It’s entirely another to play a guy who has played multiple other infield positions. 

19 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

WHAT? LOL, PB you have some good takes sometimes but this is probably not going to be one of them. I never said that La Stella won't see time there but La Stella is a quality utility player, he is not a full-time solution for a contending team.

He has a Minor League career .294/.366/.506 slash line and has been tapping into his power over the last two seasons and is hitting his age 26 season in 2020. There is a lot to like there that could come out in a Spring Training battle.

You should reconsider your position, before Lou visits you later.

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

We're absolutely a top 5 offense, period. We're gonna hit fuckin DINGERS. Oh, the pitching gave up 7 runs? Oh damn that sucks guess the game's over FUCKIN 10 RUNS SUCK MY DICK.

I'm dying at home right now oh my God!!!!

Hahaahhaahahaahahaahaha..............

23 minutes ago, ettin said:

WHAT? LOL, PB you have some good takes sometimes but this is probably not going to be one of them. I never said that La Stella won't see time there but La Stella is a quality utility player, he is not a full-time solution for a contending team.

He has a Minor League career .294/.366/.506 slash line and has been tapping into his power over the last two seasons and is hitting his age 26 season in 2020. There is a lot to like there that could come out in a Spring Training battle.

You should reconsider your position, before Lou visits you later.

La Stella vs. Walsh? I’ll take the guy who actually has shown through his career that he can actually hit major league pitching. I’ll sleep very peacefully, confident in winning that one. 

La Stella’s first year with regular playing time and he’s an all-star. That’s not a platoon player. 

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

The reason would be that La Stella can’t play 1B. 

Maybe he can’t. Maybe he can. I just think it’s wrong for so many people to assume it when he’s never done it. 

I don’t know what they’re going to do. Let’s wait and see. 

EDIT: Also, it’s kind of silly to suggest that Tommy La Stella’s presence has that big of an impact on the offense. Maybe La Stella plays more than Fletcher. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The reason would be that La Stella can’t play 1B. 

Maybe he can’t. Maybe he can. I just think it’s wrong for so many people to assume it when he’s never done it. 

I don’t know what they’re going to do. Let’s wait and see. 

EDIT: Also, it’s kind of silly to suggest that Tommy La Stella’s presence has that big of an impact on the offense. Maybe La Stella plays more than Fletcher. 

I've been saying this all off season....

6 hours ago, ettin said:

Frankly I don't understand the hate toward Taylor Ward, it is not his fault Dipoto drafted him so early. His Minor League offensive numbers are off-the-charts and he has limited, sporadic time in the Majors to-date. If he translates he will be an above average hitter that can probably play in the outfield corners, 1B, and a less-than-desirable 3B. He has shown a propensity to hit well from both sides of the plate too. To be honest with Upton not hitting LHP lately and adding Pederson who also doesn't hit LHP well (at all, he is horrible), having a hitter like Ward to platoon makes sense. However, there are other options like Goodwin who could hit decently well too and play better outfield defense probably.

Just saying, you need to detach Ward from Dipoto, he has the potential to be a viable Major League hitter and regular player (pick your position, even if it is 1B or DH).

No offense, but I think this guy is going to be worthless as a major league ball player.

I’m going to be wrong, huh??

8 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

If any of the players the Angels send to the Dodgers (still a hypothetical trade) develop and progress above expectations you'll have to feel good for them. Player development is a Dodger strength. If they can turn lesser prospects into decent major leaguers it will illustrate how important that phase of the sport is.

Nothing wrong with seeing trades that work for both teams. Of course it's easy to be magnanimous if your team also prospers in the deal. 

But trades that work for each team are often interpreted differently according to team needs. The Angels need immediate major league improvement. The Dodgers can think longer term and take more risks. If the trade goes through as it stands the Angels should benefit first, but the Dodgers can be patient.

Screw that. I hope any player going to the dodgers sucks ass.