• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

6 hours ago, ukyah said:

here's a fun fact

when wilford brimley filmed cocoon, it's important to be familiar with that movie, he was 6 years younger than tom cruise is now.

i just discovered that this is a meme, which means this will be the last time i reference this fact.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:07 AM, Lou said:

MI Fun Fact of the Day:

Tom Cruise is 5 years older than Wilford Brimley was when he made Cocoon

This has become an actual embarrassment in my opinion.
There is no logical reason it takes this long to substitute names. 
The only thing holding it up must be the chowds not liking their options trying to hold everyone else ransom for more.
By now im quite sure all the options have been discussed including those not involving the twins, its unlikely to change, someone has to blink.

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

By the time this trade goes through Joc will be our everyday RFer, with Adell in CF and Marsh in LF.   Trout will spend his retirement hunting with Trout Jr.  Hopefully Manager Pujols will be able to find suitable platoons since each outfielder will be in the 30’s. 

Where does Baldoquin fit in all this?

Just now, floplag said:

This has become an actual embarrassment in my opinion.
There is no logical reason it takes this long to substitute names. 
The only thing holding it up must be the chowds not liking their options trying to hold everyone else ransom for more.
By now im quite sure all the options have been discussed including those not involving the twins, its unlikely to change, someone has to blink.

I’d assume it’s waiting on physicals performed by the Red Sox doctors.  I guess it’s also possible that one of the players might be in the Dominican or something like that.  I have no idea but it’s more than exchanging names. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’d assume it’s waiting on physicals performed by the Red Sox doctors.  I guess it’s also possible that one of the players might be in the Dominican or something like that.  I have no idea but it’s more than exchanging names. 

This far removed?  When the union and the players association are bitching?
If thats all it was no one would be saying a word. 
Youre normally right but this time im not feeling it. 

28 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I think people are underselling the addition of Pederson. This team needs left handed pop and he brings a lot of it. Takes some of the pressure of Ohtani to be in the lineup all the time. He can now focus more on pitching which is where we need him most. Hope this trade happens

He’s a good player....but Stripling is the key....Pederson is involved to make the money work for the Dodgers....

36 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I think people are underselling the addition of Pederson. This team needs left handed pop and he brings a lot of it. Takes some of the pressure of Ohtani to be in the lineup all the time. He can now focus more on pitching which is where we need him most. Hope this trade happens

If this trade goes through, we’ll have 4 of the top 40 hitters against RHP last year of 363 qualifying hitters:  Trout, Rendon, Pederson, and LaStella.

That’s fantastic.

You would think this will be wrapped up pretty soon. One way or the other. I can't see this going deep into next week. 

Spring training is star getting close. Players have to know where they will be moving to and contact their new teams. Not to mention the roster ramifications for each team. 

I wonder if any other than those four teams have entered the equation. Possibly offering more tempting deals for any of the players identified in this stalled situation? That could be reason enough for a team to try and pull out of this and work on a completely different deal.

30 minutes ago, floplag said:

This far removed?  When the union and the players association are bitching?
If thats all it was no one would be saying a word. 
Youre normally right but this time im not feeling it. 

Ok, so when did we find out there was a problem with the physical on the Twins prospect, Thursday?  So then they go back to negotiating who an acceptable replacement is.  Then they do a physical on that person.  That could have happened yesterday, probably happened yesterday.  This all sucks, but it isn’t like it is trading baseball cards or negotiating the price of a new car.  I guess it would be more like negotiating the price of a used classic car where you not only want to make sure it runs correctly but it is what it is advertised to be.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

By the time this trade goes through Joc will be our everyday RFer, with Adell in CF and Marsh in LF.   Trout will spend his retirement hunting with Trout Jr.  Hopefully Manager Pujols will be able to find suitable platoons since each outfielder will be in the 30’s. 

Trout had enough losing and calls it quits?

someone said blame the writers for leaking the trade too soon before the teams dotted the I’s and crossed the T’s 

also what if Boston is just doing their homework and saw something in medical they didn’t like ? I don’t blame for the backing out if they do. 

players are  under contract and will report to ST. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t believe it will collapse but I’ve been wrong before. The names are too big for it to not go through.  There’s virtually no chance both Price and Betts wouldn’t demand a trade. 

49 minutes ago, nando714 said:

someone said blame the writers for leaking the trade too soon before the teams dotted the I’s and crossed the T’s 

also what if Boston is just doing their homework and saw something in medical they didn’t like ? I don’t blame for the backing out if they do. 

players are  under contract and will report to ST. 

I just wonder if John Henry freaked out at all the bad press and is looking for a way to back out. 

Chaim Bloom sure as heck doesn’t want to. His first major move and it turns him into the laughing stock of the league and makes three other teams hate him and be unwilling to work with him again?