• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

Lets play, how to save the deal...
with the new BP rankings out, Adams projects higher than the Dodgers Ruiz a catcher we could really use, so lets make it Rengifo, Adams, Soiriano or Yan for Pederson, Stripling, and Ruiz  🙂
Hey i could have said make it Maeda , lol 

18 minutes ago, floplag said:

I cant say as i blame him its turned into a circus.
Bos doesnt do their research and agrees to a guy that projects as a reliever who then finds something in his medicals to bark at. 
The only reason this isnt done is Bos asking for something stupid in his place, what else could it be?

What makes you think Boston didn’t do their research? I keep seeing people say this and it sounds ludicrous to me. What were they supposed to do, hack into private medical info? 

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

What makes you think Boston didn’t do their research? I keep seeing people say this and it sounds ludicrous to me. What were they supposed to do, hack into private medical info? 

Things ive read on social media suggested this.   But it wasnt about the medicals, it was about his projections.
Honestly though lets assume thats BS, how does it take 4 days to figure out a replacement?
Bos is trying to hold everything hostage for more

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

i agree. i think this is really just about fans wanting what they want and being frustrated. frustration then being expressed in blame and ridicule.

i expect the deals are going to get done.

16 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Reports are Boston didn't know Minnesota saw him as a reliever going forward.  All you do have to do is go to MLB.com's prospect list, find Graterol and see this.

image.png.81716effd87126fb1af70ac5bd06c42e.png

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Arte seems like the type of guy that when an agreement is made, he doesn't like anyone backing out of it. 

Unlike the rest of the world, who has no issues with that, right?

😋

11 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Reports are Boston didn't know Minnesota saw him as a reliever going forward.  All you do have to do is go to MLB.com's prospect list, find Graterol and see this.

image.png.81716effd87126fb1af70ac5bd06c42e.png

So your contention is Boston is too stupid to use google. Bold take. 

24 minutes ago, floplag said:

Things ive read on social media suggested this.   But it wasnt about the medicals, it was about his projections.
Honestly though lets assume thats BS, how does it take 4 days to figure out a replacement?
Bos is trying to hold everything hostage for more

Yeah, by fans. Fans are stupid. Fans assume teams are run by mouth breathing Neanderthals who are dumber than they are. 

The story as far as I can see is simple: Boston believed - based on various evaluations (some of which are public) that he had at least a 20% chance or better of being a starter. When his medical records were reviewed, something in them made it clear that such was simply not feasible. 

In other words, his ceiling is lower even than public records indicated. Yes, he profiled as most likely to be a reliever, but Boston apparently felt he had more upside. There’s a reason the deal got complicated when the medicals were reviewed and it wasn’t because “LOL Boston too dumz to use google, smh” as I’ve read all over from fans.