• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus Named Angels Skip

nando714

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I haven’t looked it up, but I am willing to bet second half Kole outhit Albert.  Cozart will out perform Albert next year.  

I am willing to bet Pujols batted better than Calhoun the whole season.  Seriously the argument is stupid.

And I hope Cozart bats better than Pujols next year.

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Lol....Calhoun was better for two monghs....Pujols better for the whole year.

As for Cozart 2017 was a long time ago.

i agree they're reaching on their arguments, but lets not act like pujols belongs anywhere near a starting position in baseball. he's an absolute disaster in the middle of the angels lineup. pitching injuries are killing this team, but pujols is killing this offense., albeit not alone.

Just now, ukyah said:

i agree they're reaching on their arguments, but lets not act like pujols belongs anywhere near a starting position in baseball. he's an absolute disaster in the middle of the angels lineup. pitching injuries are killing this team, but pujols is killing this offense., albeit not alone.

Oh I agree with you.  I am not advocating Pujols at all. I hope he is a part time player next year.  Reach 3k RBIs and retire.  I am tired of him being thrown out on grounders to left field.

I am trying to highlight how bad our offense was and Pujols may have been our best option at 5th last year.

15 minutes ago, calscuf said:

If Dino is gone I’m done with this team.

Dinosaurs were done 66 million years ago, taken out by an asteroid that struck the earth with a glancing blow in a location today that is the Yucatan Peninsula, at that time a shallow saline sea.  Over 70% of life on earth was wiped out in the ensuing extinction event.  

I just realized what's happening.  They're purging all of the italians.  Carpino is next.  He may not get fired, but Eppler is gonna get VP of baseball ops and someone else is going to be brought in as GM.  

I had high hopes for my buddy Mark Loretta (he's tight with Ausmus), but I guess that's not gonna happen now.  

5 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Dinosaurs were done 66 million years ago, taken out by an asteroid that struck the earth with a glancing blow in a location today that is the Yucatan Peninsula, at that time a shallow saline sea.  Over 70% of life on earth was wiped out in the ensuing extinction event.  

Dipotosaurus survived to wreak havoc on life as we know it.  A dipotosaur was well known for it's large amount of teeth and it appeared to be smiling as it ate you.  It also had a small dick.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I just realized what's happening.  They're purging all of the italians.  Carpino is next.  He may not get fired, but Eppler is gonna get VP of baseball ops and someone else is going to be brought in as GM.  

I had high hopes for my buddy Mark Loretta (he's tight with Ausmus), but I guess that's not gonna happen now.  

Oh my God, it's a conspiracy!  No more Lasagna, Spaghetti, Rigatoni, Pizza, they are going to starve these guys out.

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Dipotosaurus survived to wreak havoc on life as we know it.  A dipotosaur was well known for it's large amount of teeth and it appeared to be smiling as it ate you.  It also had a small dick.  

.....and you forgot that he had a little brain in relation to body size which is the sign of small intelligence.

cartoon-dinosaur-vector-illustration-31000181.jpg

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well the term dog and pony show means he already knew who he was going to hire.  Arte pays the guys doing these interviews.  I know not all interviews were done locally and that trips were made, so flights were taken.  All that is a ware of time and money if we were to assume all along who he was going to hire.  

I’m only arguing your premise we are wasting money. The people doing the interviews are salaried. So it’s not like they are being paid hourly for doing interviews or being paid for over time. Also I imagine the people flying around to do this interview are flying on their own accord so it won’t be costing the Angels money. So really it’s just wasting time in his scenario. That being said I don’t think it was already decided. He was the favorite going in. And he won the interview process. We both agree the manager doesn’t make that big a difference. So hopefully the Halos can get some better players and win more games next year than they did this year. 

13 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I’m only arguing your premise we are wasting money. The people doing the interviews are salaried. So it’s not like they are being paid hourly for doing interviews or being paid for over time. Also I imagine the people flying around to do this interview are flying on their own accord so it won’t be costing the Angels money. So really it’s just wasting time in his scenario. That being said I don’t think it was already decided. He was the favorite going in. And he won the interview process. We both agree the manager doesn’t make that big a difference. So hopefully the Halos can get some better players and win more games next year than they did this year. 

nope. omar vizquel specifically thanked eppler for flying him out.

"I'm really happy that the Angels took the time and invited me to interview to be the manager of their team," Vizquel said in Spanish on the Talk Beisbol podcast. "It honestly caught me by surprise. I didn't know general manager Billy Eppler, but he was very generous in flying me out to California to talk and go over what it means to be a manager in the big leagues. 

also, why fake it? if he's already got his guy, then hire him. who does he have to answer to, Arte? 

33 minutes ago, ukyah said:

nope. omar vizquel specifically thanked eppler for flying him out.

"I'm really happy that the Angels took the time and invited me to interview to be the manager of their team," Vizquel said in Spanish on the Talk Beisbol podcast. "It honestly caught me by surprise. I didn't know general manager Billy Eppler, but he was very generous in flying me out to California to talk and go over what it means to be a manager in the big leagues. 

also, why fake it? if he's already got his guy, then hire him. who does he have to answer to, Arte? 

I never said he faked it. Where did you read that in my post. Just arguing the fact that Strad said hthe Angels were wasting money. Interesting I wouldn't have thought the Angels would cover the cost of flying people out for interviews. Curious indeed.

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I never said he faked it. Where did you read that in my post. Just arguing the fact that Strad said hthe Angels were wasting money. Interesting I wouldn't have thought the Angels would cover the cost of flying people out for interviews. Curious indeed.

I’m pretty sure at that level teams pay for the travel.  Also I’m sure with Espada they went to him, considering that only makes sense. 

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

Probably way down on the list of the albert negatives, but as poor as his bat has become, IMO, its his running thats almost hurting us as much.

If he was still an average to slightly above defender (which he is) who can occasionally hit onr out (which he can) and could leg out base hits to left (he cant), it wouldnt be a total disaster. 

But the now accustomed show of him not being able to reach first except on a double, then clogging the base paths is making a bad situation worse and worse. And thats something that will only get worse, regardless of if he works his ass off this winter.

5 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

Brad Ausmus' coaches in his final season

lol, I went to high school with Mick Billmeyer.  North Hagerstown High, class of '82.  

God, I'm old.

This is a very whelming move. However, we can only assume that Ausmus learned a lot with his time as Special Assistant to Billy Eppler which I'm sure focused heavily on analytics and probability-based decision making. Almost as if his 2018 season with us was a development year for him. One thing is for sure, he definitely is not the same person who managed the Tigers during his last stint as manager.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Probably way down on the list of the albert negatives, but as poor as his bat has become, IMO, its his running thats almost hurting us as much.

If he was still an average to slightly above defender (which he is) who can occasionally hit onr out (which he can) and could leg out base hits to left (he cant), it wouldnt be a total disaster. 

But the now accustomed show of him not being able to reach first except on a double, then clogging the base paths is making a bad situation worse and worse. And thats something that will only get worse, regardless of if he works his ass off this winter.

It’s absolutely about his base running.  Running is required in baseball. It’sfundamental, and he can’t do it at a major league level. You’re spot on here man. 

That’s the aspect of his game that has basically ended his career as an effective player. 

Edited by UndertheHalo