• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official (slightly early) off season discussion thread. Let's hear your plan.

Docwaukee

- Hire a new manager

- Sign Mike Trout to a lifetime deal

- Promote Adell, shift Calhoun to 1B

- Sign/trade for a SP

- Try out Fletcher/Ward/Rengifo at 2B/3B and see if an improvement is urgently needed

- Sign/trade for a catcher; use one of the guys up right now as the alternate catcher

- If there is money, Sign/trade for a high-end RP/C

Sign LeMahieu or Murphy, Corbin and Trevor Rosenthal

Trade for the best starter that a package of Marsh, Thais and Ward will get you.

Trade Shoemaker for the best prospect you can get

Hire a new manager

Give Richards a two year $5 million deal

Sign Trout to an extension

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

May I speak for a gigantic number of Angel fans?

The offseason plan needs to be really cheap and not definitively solve any problems so that the Angels go into 2019 with many question marks where the team will be no more than "competitive" as long as all the moves work out perfectly.

No, you can’t

58 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Bold move: Sign Bryce Harper and Yasmani Grandal. 

Trade Calhoun for literally anything.

Trade Adell, Marsh, Suarez, and another prospect for deGrom.

I doubt that the Mets will part with deGrom. Bryce Harper is too inconsistent for me to be on board with giving him the kind of contract that he is likely to want.

My Ideal Plan

- For the luxury tax payroll, the $162.77 million according to Jeff Fletcher is the actual amount of present obligations for the 2019 Season. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q7dlNaSqB4vip6QD88MCaahpPjiZrS7dgOam_TrElLg/edit#gid=0

- The luxury tax threshold, which owner Arte Moreno has indicated as the spending limit in years past, is $206 million for 2019, leaving roughly $44 million to be played with. 

1. Sign Manny Machado -to a 10/350 mil contract. (35 mil aav, 9 mil left)

2. Trade for JT Realmuto - for Jones, Suarez, and Ward (Realmuto is projected to make $7 mil in 2019, 2 mil left)

3. Mike trout extension

4. Eric Chavez as the new manager

Lineup

1. Simmons - SS

2. Realmuto - C

3. Trout - CF

4. Machado - 3B

5. Ohtani - DH

6. Upton - LF

7. Calhoun RF

8. Thaiss/Pujols - 1B

9.  Fletcher/Cozart - 2B

Bench: 

C - Arcia

IF - Fletcher/Cozart

1B - Thaiss/Pujols

OF - EYJ 

Rotation

1. Skaggs

2. Heaney

3. Barria

4. Pena 

5. Shoemaker

Optional moves:

Trade Calhoun and Cozart for scraps/payroll dump ( Free's roughly 23 million, 25 mil in total)

Sign Markakis to 1 year deal for 12 mil, team option for 2nd year. (13 mil left)

Sign Ottavino to 2/18 mil

I agree with those that say don't keep the franchise or anyone in suspense over 2019

If Scioscia is not going to be back which has been the indication for months now. Announce that Monday, the day after the regular season ends.

Don't delay that announcement.

Then, very quickly after that name the new skipper so things can get stated for 2019 and beyond

Sign Harper

Sign Donaldson

Trade Upton for a legit 1 or 2 starting pitcher

Trade Shoemaker for something

Trade Skaggs for legit Left fielder

Trade young pieces for Realmuto

Trade Calhoun and Cozart for RP's and minor leaguers

Trade young pieces for DeGrom if Adell has to be in it then so be it. 

Cut Pujols

Win the AL West

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I doubt that the Mets will part with deGrom. Bryce Harper is too inconsistent for me to be on board with giving him the kind of contract that he is likely to want.

Too inconsistent? 

2015 1.109 OPS

2016 814 OPS

1017 1.008 OPS

1018 885 OPS

Even his down years he's awesome, and he is 25 years old. Even if you gave him a 10 year contract he would be 35 at the end of it. Much better than giving 10 year contract to someone 32. 

You guys are killing me with the cut Pujols DFA Pujols... its not going to happen, just stop.  

As for the plan ,well it all depends on if they are serious about winning in 19 or planning for the future.  I see 3 options plan wise;

#1 Serious about winning in 19
IF serious (ie willing to spend):
-sign Harper
-trade for Arenado
-get legit closer

Planning for Winning in 20
-Sign Harper
-dont trade for Arenado but sign him as FA after next year or maybe at deadline pending standings.

Planning for future
If not serious about winning (ie not spending):
-trade Trout
-the rest doesnt matter for a year or two

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

You guys are killing me with the cut Pujols DFA Pujols... its not going to happen, just stop.  

As for the plan ,well it all depends on if they are serious about winning in 19 or planning for the future.  I see 3 options plan wise;

#1 Serious about winning in 19
IF serious (ie willing to spend):
-sign Harper
-trade for Arenado
-get legit closer

Planning for Winning in 20
-Sign Harper
-dont trade for Arenado but sign him as FA after next year or maybe at deadline pending standings.

Planning for future
If not serious about winning (ie not spending):
-trade Trout
-the rest doesnt matter for a year or two

So we were asked a question what would we do. But because you don't think it can happen. We shouldn't say it? Hmm ok how about you answer the question how you like and we will how we like. Thanks.