• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eric Chavez emerging as favorite to replace Sosh

Chuck

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, then think of our roster composition, since the roster is pretty awful at a few key spots like talent, depth and rotation, what magician of a manager makes a difference?  Bottom line the team is not going to sign some Girardi or Ausmus type if they are in a win now.  They will sign the guy they like for the future regardless of whether they go into a rebuild or a reload.  At least that is my opinion.  If Girardi didn’t listen to the front office in NY I am not sure why he would listen to it here.  

We differ tremendously on where the club is weak, but thats another discussion.

No manager is going to make that much difference overall, im on record as saying that the players make far more difference on the field than the manager does and the manager gets too much credit for wins and losses.  The managers job is to make the right decisions at the right times and put the right players in the right spots, the rest is up to the players.  There are obvious exceptions, staying with a player too long, pulling them too fast, its dicey either way, but thats the job. 

Where they matter more is handling the room, the respect of the roster.  Bringing in a guy that half the room played with/against for me doesnt necessarily suggest the would have that.  Im certain there are exceptions, i dont know Chavez of course and i havent heard anything about his rep while playing that suggests it would or would not work.  Im not opposed to a rookie manager, im just not sure a guy that has played as recently as Chavez and has so little experience at the position fits that bill

58 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then it’ll be Chavez or Paul more than likely.  

And I’m totally fine with it. I know nothing about any of these guys but I do know that would the Red Sox/Yankees did last offseasonclearly didn’t backfire on them. Sure it could be confirmation bias but I do think it is relevant still. And Chavez is similar to those guys

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

my buddy is a cards fan who says stubby clapp, the cards aaa manager, is terrific and ready to jump at a major league job. don't know enough about him but have no problem going outside the organization for someone new.

Stubby Clapp sounds like something you could get from tdawg.

7 hours ago, red321 said:

Has a manager ever had to go on the DL because they pulled a hamstring while exchanging lineup cards?

No but he'll pull his hamstring when he walks out to argue with the umpires & be placed on the DL, then sent to AAA to rehab manage the Bees for 1 game.

He could get forearm tightness for exchanging lineup cards though....

31 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Arte Moreno will have ALL the say in who manages his team.

Arte opens the bank when it comes to Latino baseball players.

Eric Chavez is mexican american like Arte. Its a lock.

I'm mexican american myself, my reason for wanting Chavez to manage the Angels is i think it'd be funny to see a manager get DLed on the team with the most injuries the past 5 years.

6 hours ago, True Grich said:

If Erstad as a manager is anything like Erstad as a player then we can bank on him having one great year and then living off that one great season for a long time.  People won't notice the drop off in production because he's gritty.

Erstad actually had several great years. He left the team in war in 2002 and he had the highest career war of all the 2002 players.