• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eric Chavez emerging as favorite to replace Sosh

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Erstad knows baseball ⚾️ on any level ... anyways, I was referring to his qualities as a manager. I wasn’t comparing college with MLB. 

Yes, and how you manage college players, including their personalities is completely different from college, there is no comparison.  So him being a players manager or not in MLB cannot be gathered for how he manages college players.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

Yes, and how you manage college players, including their personalities is completely different from college, there is no comparison.  So him being a players manager or not in MLB cannot be gathered for how he manages college players.

Nobody is disputing the difference between college and MLB  ... it has no bearing on whether Erstad can or cannot manage a ML ball club. 

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

FWIW, I am highly skeptical of the idea that Eric Chavez is the favorite. It is not what I’ve heard. 

I’m starting to think it may not be Chavez, Paul or Ausmus. 

Maybe I’m wrong, but as of 7:23 am on Sept 26, this is what I believe. 

If Jeff Fletcher is denying it, it must be true.

;)

16 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I'm guessing the 1974 Angels were pretty bad lol. Glad i never got to watch that season.

50% success rate with 1st overall picks is pretty good.

Goodwin should have changed his name to Badloss or Bahdlauss

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I'm guessing the 1974 Angels were pretty bad lol. Glad i never got to watch that season.

50% success rate with 1st overall picks is pretty good.

Goodwin should have changed his name to Badloss or Bahdlauss

That draft wasn't a total loss. They got Carney Lansford in round 3. Of course they traded him before he got good but that was the way things worked for them back then

3 hours ago, nando714 said:

@Angel Oracle

how was the 1974 season?

I’m not AO but..... I was a 10 year old who did his best to listen to all the games I could.  They were dead last in runs scored and hit 95 home runs as a team. Bill Stoneman was 1-8with an era north of 6. 20 year old Frank Tanana pitched 268 innings in the beginning of the team’s quest to destroy his arm. And FYI, changing managers mid-season did nothing to save them. 

15 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I’m not AO but..... I was a 10 year old who did his best to listen to all the games I could.  They were dead last in runs scored and hit 95 home runs as a team. Bill Stoneman was 1-8with an era north of 6. 20 year old Frank Tanana pitched 268 innings in the beginning of the team’s quest to destroy his arm. And FYI, changing managers mid-season did nothing to save them. 

We are the same age then

I was age 17 in 1974.    The halos started out the season playing in snow flurries in Chicago, and the offense never warmed up from that. 

Frank Robinson and Joe LaHoud both did manage to have an .800+ OPS.  Mickey Rivers was starting his larceny of bases (30 SBs).

Nolan Ryan finished 16 K's short of record setting 1973 season, & pitched 3rd no-hitter late in the season.  Tanana at age TWENTY pitched those 268 innings, never a good thing. 

Ryan, Bill Singer, and Andy Hassler all had sub 3.00 ERA's as starters.   But, the Arson Squad was in full effect.

Dick Williams, as alluded to, replaced Bobby Winkles as manager halfway through the 1974 season.   I went to the game that Williams debuted as manager, and remember the applause from the stands.   But not even Joe Torre, Tony LaRussa, and Bobby Cox could have won with that team's offense and bullpen.  

On 9/26/2018 at 7:24 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

FWIW, I am highly skeptical of the idea that Eric Chavez is the favorite. It is not what I’ve heard. 

I’m starting to think it may not be Chavez, Paul or Ausmus. 

Maybe I’m wrong, but as of 7:23 am on Sept 26, this is what I believe. 

any opinion on the cardinals AAA manager stubby clapp?

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

9 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

We are the same age then

#metoo