• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eric Chavez emerging as favorite to replace Sosh

Chuck

15 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

We don’t know but we do know how he treats his current team and we know how he played the game. 

https://bustedcoverage.com/2018/05/14/of-course-darin-erstad-benched-one-of-his-players-for-pimping-a-home-run/amp/

My bet is that if Pujols doesn’t run hard on a ground ball  ... he’ll be riding the pine. 

leslie chow GIF

11 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Is it really? ... I think we know what direction the team is going to take. 

We don’t know what qualities the team is looking for in a manager. Do they want a players coach? 

I dont think we do at all.
I see 3 very drastic and different possibilities.
#1, Tow the line.  Keep going as we have.  Another average club that wont make the post and another wasted year or Trout, but at least he will get to see some Eagles games.
#2, Go bold.  Sign a big FA Harper, make a trade for Arenado, maybe a closer or starter... go big or go home style.   Not likely but possible.
#3, Rebuild.  Trade Trout and a few other folks and start planning for the future when life after Albert comes to pass.  Would this really surprise anyone at this point?
Any one of them would be viable from an org standpoint, which one they choose is still in their court. 

Who they choose as manager might be a strong indication as to the option chosen.  Chavez to me speaks more to #3 or maybe #1, but not a bold type move.

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

We don’t know but we do know how he treats his current team and we know how he played the game. 

https://bustedcoverage.com/2018/05/14/of-course-darin-erstad-benched-one-of-his-players-for-pimping-a-home-run/amp/

My bet is that if Pujols doesn’t run hard on a ground ball  ... he’ll be riding the pine. 

Trout would love Erstad imo

Good grief. I'm not into "pimping", but that doesn't seem like a big deal.

That catcher and Erstad may not be a good fit for MLB considering how such things are trending. 

I don’t think the way Erstad treats college kids is an indication of how he would, or should, treat major leaguers.

If you believe otherwise, you are in fantasyland  

And there’s no way he’d bench Pujols for not running hard. No manager would.

The guy is not paid to run. He runs as hard as he can when he has a chance to beat one out, but otherwise he saves his energy. 

26 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t think the way Erstad treats college kids is an indication of how he would, or should, treat major leaguers.

The guy is not paid to run. He runs as hard as he can when he has a chance to beat one out, but otherwise he saves his energy. 

I agree with you ?%  ... ML ball players are very different from college players. He would of blown a gasket over Machado’s lolly gagging  last night. My point is that he’ll command respect out of the gate and run a tight ship. I think will see better execution with the little things needed to manufacture runs and win ballgames. 

The Pujols thing was a joke of course but I bet he hussles a little harder on ground balls. 

Btw I don’t see him being hired but he’s still my pick. Hope he gets interviewed!

13 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Hit.

And I know he doesn’t do that great either, but it’s better than Jefry Marte would have done if Pujols blew out a hamstring sprinting on a routine groundout. 

Isn't this the guy who was quoted a week ago as saying "I'm a Gold Glove first baseman"? 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Benching a player who is making 30 million a year because he didn't run hard enough on an obvious out is a sure way to get fired mid year.

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Did those team have our roster composition?  No.  Im fairly sure you or i could manage those teams to wins. 

Ok, then think of our roster composition, since the roster is pretty awful at a few key spots like talent, depth and rotation, what magician of a manager makes a difference?  Bottom line the team is not going to sign some Girardi or Ausmus type if they are in a win now.  They will sign the guy they like for the future regardless of whether they go into a rebuild or a reload.  At least that is my opinion.  If Girardi didn’t listen to the front office in NY I am not sure why he would listen to it here.