• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Scioscia gone after this season?

Glen

Is Scioscia gone after this season?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Scioscia gone after this season?

• Yes
    • No

Usually in cases where there was some interest in retaining a manager, they sign a small 2-3 year extension at the end of the 2nd to last year of the current contract.  That didn't happen in this case and, because there hasn't been much noise from Mike or his agent on the issue, it appears the feelings are mutual all around.

They'll announce they're parting ways with him the day after the season ends. 

Don't think he'll full on retire, but I could see him moving into a more part time advisory type role. Guy has been in professional baseball for 40 years straight, immediately after his playing career he began coaching. Probably time for a break

11 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

They'll announce they're parting ways with him the day after the season ends. 

Don't think he'll full on retire, but I could see him moving into a more part time advisory type role. Guy has been in professional baseball for 40 years straight, immediately after his playing career he began coaching. Probably time for a break

Never thought of that, but I bet you're right. He will stay with the team in some capacity. But I think he is gone as manager.

Clubhouse catering?

He will be gone as the manager and probably be a special consultant to the team, much like Bill Stoneman was after his GM days were over.  I look forward to it, not only for the direction change, that will be interesting.  I also look to see what it does to this place.  There will be a job opening for “all things bad related to the Angels” on here.  I just want the next manager to be skinny and not Italian.  

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

He'll be gone as a manager, but I believe the Angels will "promote" him into a front office position. Whether you like Scioscia or not, he's earned a lifetime spot in the Angels org.

Just as long as he doesn't have unlimited control over how the roster is constructed and the strategies on the field, both of which are dinosauric.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

He will be gone as the manager and probably be a special consultant to the team, much like Bill Stoneman was after his GM days were over.  I look forward to it, not only for the direction change, that will be interesting.  I also look to see what it does to this place.  There will be a job opening for “all things bad related to the Angels” on here.  I just want the next manager to be skinny and not Italian.  

As I've said before, I just want a different manager to be mad at after we lose.