• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Scioscia gone after this season?

Glen

Is Scioscia gone after this season?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Scioscia gone after this season?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

He'll be gone as a manager, but I believe the Angels will "promote" him into a front office position. Whether you like Scioscia or not, he's earned a lifetime spot in the Angels org.

I think that’s fair on both sides. He’s done a lot of good for the organization. Let him take a back seat. I hope this could be the case with Albert too. 

Yes but I also think Eppler is as well. A new GM and a new Manager. This slide for Angels baseball I don't think will go over very well. Attendance through out the MLB is down 7-10% if you've watched a game on tv or been to the stadium this year. It just feels empty and it definitely looks it. I can see Arte being emotional and making the harsh decisions to can Eppler and let Mike S go. 

5 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Yes but I also think Eppler is as well. A new GM and a new Manager. This slide for Angels baseball I don't think will go over very well. Attendance through out the MLB is down 7-10% if you've watched a game on tv or been to the stadium this year. It just feels empty and it definitely looks it. I can see Arte being emotional and making the harsh decisions to can Eppler and let Mike S go. 

I am willing to bet lunch that Eppler is not gone at the end of the season.  

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Only thing I want him consulting is what's on the buffet menu after the games.

We've had enough Sciosica influence on this ball club over the past 20 years.

It is posts like these that have me hoping that he simply retires.  These jokes weren’t funny 10 years ago, they aren’t funny now.  No offense, I am sure you are a hoot at parties.  

Just now, Stradling said:

I am willing to bet lunch that Eppler is not gone at the end of the season.  

Did I say bet? Or Did I say I think? This whole message board is predicated on the fact that NONE of us know what the team is actually thinking or their internal discussions. So I voice my opinion that I THINK Arte will let both of them go. I don't pretend nor have I said I have internal sources that have told me anything. I am just making a guess on the fact the stadium is empty, apathy I THINK has set in with this team. This team has the highest payroll in the division and will finish maybe a couple games ahead of the last place Rangers but sitting really nice and pretty at 4th place. All of those factors added to the fact that I THINK Eppler has one more year on his contract and does Arte really want to let this GM hire his own Manager and if the team doesn't make the playoffs next year I would again GUESS that 4 years and no playoff appearances would be subject to firing and then the new GM would have/want to hire his own manager. Why I said in the beginning of Eppler starting this job I wish he got to hire his own manager. Long way of saying I don't know what any of them will do but it is just a guess, just like any of us have guesses. 

8 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Eppler has rebuilt the farm and is still dealing with the mess created by Dipoto...there is no way he'd released after only 3 years without getting a shot to put his guy in place and see what happens.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

you are absolutely allowed to have that opinion, and i am allowed to laugh at the ridiculousness of your opinion. 

So 3 years no playoffs for the GM and it's a ridiculous opinion? Lets go 4 years for a GM and no playoffs then and see where we are. 

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Eppler has rebuilt the farm and is still dealing with the mess created by Dipoto...there is no way he'd released after only 3 years without getting a shot to put his guy in place and see what happens.

Eppler has rebuilt the farm that Dipoto created I agree. I am also not saying he deserves to be fired.  But he has his finger print all over the major league club as well and this team isn't performing there either. He has his finger print on 6 of the 9 guys in the batting order and what 3 guys in the rotation. Not to mention how many in the bullpen? 

4 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Five years would seem to be fair.

Dip*ssy got 3.5 seasons, and he was horrible at everything he did.

1 minute ago, Barrett said:

Did I say bet? Or Did I say I think? This whole message board is predicated on the fact that NONE of us know what the team is actually thinking or their internal discussions. So I voice my opinion that I THINK Arte will let both of them go. I don't pretend nor have I said I have internal sources that have told me anything. I am just making a guess on the fact the stadium is empty, apathy I THINK has set in with this team. This team has the highest payroll in the division and will finish maybe a couple games ahead of the last place Rangers but sitting really nice and pretty at 4th place. All of those factors added to the fact that I THINK Eppler has one more year on his contract and does Arte really want to let this GM hire his own Manager and if the team doesn't make the playoffs next year I would again GUESS that 4 years and no playoff appearances would be subject to firing and then the new GM would have/want to hire his own manager. Why I said in the beginning of Eppler starting this job I wish he got to hire his own manager. Long way of saying I don't know what any of them will do but it is just a guess, just like any of us have guesses. 

Dude stop being a bitch.  You think, and I am willing to buy you lunch if what you THINK is going to happen if it happens.  

I get that I over react at times, but Jesus dude, you are insane with this shit. Stop pretending we are attacking you.  We aren’t attacking we just think you are wrong.  It isn’t a big deal.