• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Scioscia gone after this season?

Glen

Is Scioscia gone after this season?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Scioscia gone after this season?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Stradling said:

Dude stop being a bitch.  You think, and I am willing to buy you lunch if what you THINK is going to happen if it happens.  

I get that I over react at times, but Jesus dude, you are insane with this shit. Stop pretending we are attacking you.  We aren’t attacking we just think you are wrong.  It isn’t a big deal.  

Stop being a bitch. Hmm classy. Weird that you read my posts and think I actually care what you or IEBruin have to say. It is a message board we are all Angels fans. I am not hostile over here in my office nor do I think you are hostile over there in your office. I don't get why you think I am upset when I type, because I am not. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Dude stop being a bitch.  You think, and I am willing to buy you lunch if what you THINK is going to happen if it happens.  

I get that I over react at times, but Jesus dude, you are insane with this shit.  We aren’t attacking we just think you are wrong.  It isn’t a big deal.  

confused girl GIF

I've never advocated getting rid of Scioscia but if the season craters pretty badly, it may be time for him to move on....he'll get hired quickly, I suspect....and for those who think it will guarantee better days ahead for the Angels, be careful what you wish for....But, sometimes it seems like change is kind of destined or inescapable....it feels a little bit like that to me right now.....not sure if its a good or bad thing...

Just now, Barrett said:

Eppler has rebuilt the farm that Dipoto created I agree. I am also not saying he deserves to be fired.  But he has his finger print all over the major league club as well and this team isn't performing there either. He has his finger print on 6 of the 9 guys in the batting order and what 3 guys in the rotation. Not to mention how many in the bullpen? 

He traded Jett Bandy (-0.9 WAR so far with Milwaukee) for Martin Maldonado (2.4 WAR with the Angels), who in turn was traded for a nice LHP SP prospect in Patrick Sandoval who just threw 4.2 IP 3 H 0 ER 2 BB 9 K in his first start at Inland Empire

He traded two scrub minor leaguers for Ian Kinsler (2.5 WAR) and then flipped them for two young relief pitchers with options and 6 years of control, both of whom have high K/9 rates

Albert Pujols wasn't his and there is really nothing he can do about it.

He traded Sean Newcomb (3.2 WAR since trade) for Andrelton Simmons, the best defensive shortstop in the game who has provided a 15.8 WAR in 2 1/2 seasons

He signed Kole Calhoun to a 3 year extension which, at 3/$26 mil,  was good at the time and is still not prohibitive despite his offensive struggles this year.  

Trout was under contract when he got here.

Traded prospect Grayson Long, who hasn't had a start in 2018 so far, and Elvin Rodriguez, who is still in A ball, for Justin Upton who has put up 3.0 WAR in 133 games in a Angels uniform

He convinced Shohei Ohtani, the most coveted international prospect in baseball last offseason, to come to Angels for less money offered by Dipoto's M's.

He signed Cozart to a 3 year deal that looks "meh" right now but we'll see.  Still, not a long term commitment while the prospects are developing.

Chris Young was a 1 year deal

As for pitching, he started out Richards, Ohtani, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano, JC Ramirez, Matt Shoemaker, Parker Bridwell, and Jamie Barria as starting pitching depth...9 guys that had a reasonable chance at not sucking every 6th day...now he's down to four of those guys due to injury.

The BP was less certain at the beginning of the season, made even more so by the injuries to Middleton and Wood.  All I know is he could have signed Holland, Davis, or some other high priced talent that has underperformed this season and he would still would have gotten crap.  Even a solid performer like Morrow is on the DL right now.

The moves he's made have been productive despite what he's had to work with...

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because all of your posts come across like you feel like you are being attacked.  Sorry I am not classy enough for you.  I call a spade a spade (not racist).

Honestly don’t feel like I’m being attacked. I’m sorry you feel the need to then say stop acting like a bitch. Again don’t feel like that’s attacking me. Thank you for reading my posts and thinking that way. It’s not the way I feel when I’m writing or when I am reading your responses. And my classy comment was more To try and say thanks for the bitch comment. When I didn’t call you a name in my responses. But everyone responds in their own unique way. Sure I’ll take the lunch bet @Lou I was on a conference call and in the car. To summarize. No I don’t think u two are attacking me. And if u are then it is what it is. I’m very rarely hostile when I read or respond. Just passionate and opinionated when it comes to the sports teams I enjoy. NFL and college football will be here soon enough as will Hockey. Better days are ahead. 

@mulwin444 I get all that stuff you posted. But at some point results on the field will have to match what he’s doing. I don’t know if it’s this offseason or next but if he doesn’t make the playoffs for say 4 years then will Arte feel comfortable giving him a long term extension? Or will it be time to move forward and hire someone new for that position? Again I’m not saying u have to or should fire him. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

@mulwin444 I get all that stuff you posted. But at some point results on the field will have to match what he’s doing. I don’t know if it’s this offseason or next but if he doesn’t make the playoffs for say 4 years then will Arte feel comfortable giving him a long term extension? Or will it be time to move forward and hire someone new for that position? Again I’m not saying u have to or should fire him. 

Well when his goal is to build a sustainable winner, which starts on the farm and when he took over a train wreck of a major league and minor league team, it is going to take more than 3 years.  If I know that and many on here know that then Arte knows that.  

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Obviously, results are going to matter to Arte at some point, sure...I just think his leash will be longer than people think because his deals netted positive gains for the most part and his drafts the last 3 seasons have laid the foundation for solid resource of talent for replacing expiring contracts and to be used as trade currency without prohibitively depleting depth.  

45 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Also, since when is betting lunch some huge financial commitment that necessitates a crazy reaction?  

It is sort of dissengenuous bet since you'll just hand him a double double on the house. But knowing Barret he'd counter with Jack Tacos for $1.19.