• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cano suspended 80 games for violating drug agreement

MLBTR just states he is facing one. Since he broke his hand, he would still be missing a good chunk of games anyway but now he just won't get paid to miss those games if he does get suspended. Knowing absolutely no info, I kind of understand why he would want to use steroids to live up to that monster contract he signed

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

MLBTR just states he is facing one. Since he broke his hand, he would still be missing a good chunk of games anyway but now he just won't get paid to miss those games if he does get suspended. Knowing absolutely no info, I kind of understand why he would want to use steroids to live up to that monster contract he signed

I don't think you can serve your suspension while on the DL. 

1 minute ago, jordan said:

Do the M’s now try to get out of this massive contract? Could end up being a blessing in disguise.  

Using PEDs has a penalty negotiated by the CBA. M's can't punish him any more than the 80 game suspension. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/robinson-cano-suspended-80-games-violating-drug-policy-article-1.3991237

"Cano's suspension would not begin until he is eligible to return from the disabled list, which may not be for another 4-6 weeks."

Out for the season then?

edit- for those reading through this thread late, turns out the DL time counts towards his suspension time. So he will be back for the last stretch of this season.

2 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

No confirmation of this yet that I have seen.

Anyone?

MLB Network has reported it -- Rosenthal has commented on it being official with no word yet on what the actual violation is.

Source confirms: #Mariners’ Cano will be suspended 80 games for violating baseball’s joint drug agreement.

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 minute ago, krAbs said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/robinson-cano-suspended-80-games-violating-drug-policy-article-1.3991237

"Cano's suspension would not begin until he is eligible to return from the disabled list, which may not be for another 4-6 weeks."

Out for the season then?

Essentially sounds like it, yes.  From everything I have seen, the suspension starts AFTER he returns from the DL.