• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cano suspended 80 games for violating drug agreement

10 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

While I do not celebrate or cheer on injuries, such as what Cano suffered on Sunday, I can cheer for baseball catching cheaters, or at least people who are "likely" cheating.  Can't know for sure with Cano, but again, it's hard to imagine why a mid 30 year old athlete would need to be on furosemide.

i'd wager that 99% of ped users never get caught thanks to the joke of a testing system

only the stupid ones like Cano get caught

if MLB actually cared about catching cheats, they'd do randomized, unannounced drug testing at least once a month during the season, and players would have to report their whereabouts at all times so that the testers could collect a sample when they wanted.

here's a story for you: once upon a time, there was a parole officer who told a drug user that he was going to start testing him for drugs. he told the drug user that he would be testing him at 10:30 PM exactly 2 months from the date of this conversation. and would you believe it, the drug user's sample was clean!  that meant that he wasn't doing any drugs at all during those 2 months!  wow!

take 2 minutes to do some research about how drug testing actually works in baseball.

5 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

i'd wager that 99% of ped users never get caught thanks to the joke of a testing system

only the stupid ones like Cano get caught

if MLB actually cared about catching cheats, they'd do randomized, unannounced drug testing at least once a month during the season, and players would have to report their whereabouts at all times so that the testers could collect a sample when they wanted.

here's a story for you: once upon a time, there was a parole officer who told a drug user that he was going to start testing him for drugs. he told the drug user that he would be testing him at 10:30 PM exactly 2 months from the date of this conversation. and would you believe it, the drug user's sample was clean!  that meant that he wasn't doing any drugs at all during those 2 months!  wow!

take 2 minutes to do some research about how drug testing actually works in baseball.

Obviously our system can be better, I fully agree with this.  A lot more work needs to be done.  But I can still cheer on when cheaters are caught, which is likely what happened in this instance.

7 minutes ago, Ender said:

Facking lazy ass cheater. I wish there were clauses in contracts like his huge one that would let us void it and dump em.

On the topic of voided contracts, I recall the Yankees voided Aaron Boone's contract when he went out in the offseason and tore his knee up playing basketball. Now he's the Yankees' manager and the darling of New York. How ironic.

I believe performance enhancing drugs are still absolutely widespread in the game among both hitters and pitchers.

The testing just cannot keep up with the science of beating tests or masking.

Think about it.  The testing doesn't change until they figure out how people are beating it.

These guys are all built like Amazons now and every team has multiple pitchers hitting triple digits.

No, it isn't kale and organic chicken.

The amount of money in the game WILL keep plenty of people in the game motivated to juice.

There are specific players on the Angels I would bet are doing a little sumthin sumthin. . .

We can all hate it all we want, it ain't going away.

Just now, fan_since79 said:

On the topic of voided contracts, I recall the Yankees voided Aaron Boone's contract when he went out in the offseason and tore his knee up playing basketball. Now he's the Yankees' manager and the darling of New York. How ironic.

Being dumb and injuring yourself playing another sport isn't nearly on the same level as nefariously taking PEDs.  People can forgive stupidity, but they are less forgiving when it involves duplicity. 

2 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

So if Cano had a medical issue why did he go to a doctor in a 3rd world country rather than being seen by the team's medical staff? Are the Angels going to send Middleton to Nigeria for his TJS?

No, they are just going to send him to the 3rd world country of Alabamia

42 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I know they said he was on furosemide for a medical condition, but I can't see why a mid 30 year old would be on this.  It's used to treat heart failure and hypertension, but it's not one of the first few preferred agents to treat hypertension, so.. seems awfully suspicious.

Its also used for kidney issues 

Any medical condition requiring furosemide would have been well documented and he would have easily received an exemption to take the drug.  It's insulting that he's claiming he didn't realize he shouldn't have taken it.  

This sucks for baseball and it's a shame for a player of his caliber who had a real chance at getting into the HOF.  He's got 5 1/2 years left on his deal and needs less than 600 hits to get to 3000.  But I am glad that the Mariners are worse than they were.  

28 minutes ago, Ender said:

Facking lazy ass cheater. I wish there were clauses in contracts like his huge one that would let us void it and dump em.

You’re right, there should be clauses like that in contracts of that magnitude and length.  I would be livid if I was an M’s fan and had to live with him for 5 more years after this. 

Of course he was taking a masking agent. It is much easier to explain being caught with a masking agent than with the actual PED. This is why MLB has rightfully so classified it the same as taking a PED. He was juicing and is denying it like everyone does. Best case scenario for him is he’s a total moron for taking some Drs word in the Dominican. 

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Of note, I just read that taking furosemide alone is NOT enough to be suspended.  Rather, an independent arbitrator reviewed the case, and it was ruled he was using it to mask PEDs, NOT just for a "medical condition."

that makes sense.  All they had to do was determine whether he had a medical condition.  He went to the DR for the off season, took a bunch of PEDs, tried to clear his system before he got back and miss timed his regimen or because he's just a shade older, the body doesn't clear things out as well and he didn't adjust for that.  

'THIS WAS NOT A BOAT ACCIDENT.....'

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

No love lost for the Mariners, but this is sad news just the same.  It's another black eye for baseball. 

I dunno - rather than a black eye for baseball, I think it makes them look good that even their stars are not above the rules. I don't think most major sports could pass that criteria.

8 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Of course he was taking a masking agent. It is much easier to explain being caught with a masking agent than with the actual PED. This is why MLB has rightfully so classified it the same as taking a PED. He was juicing and is denying it like everyone does. Best case scenario for him is he’s a total moron for taking some Drs word in the Dominican. 

But but but the DR doctor told me I was 16 when I was actually 20