• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cano suspended 80 games for violating drug agreement

I know they said he was on furosemide for a medical condition, but I can't see why a mid 30 year old would be on this.  It's used to treat heart failure and hypertension, but it's not one of the first few preferred agents to treat hypertension, so.. seems awfully suspicious.

Stop me if youve heard this one before but he claims this was a legit mistake.  I wish i could believe this, but i simply dont.  
Hes a vet, he knows the deal, hes seen the witch hunts and insanity over this issue, why the hades would he randomly take something without clearing it thru MLB?  How could the doctor not know better?  
Sounds like a weak ass copout weve heard before as far as im concerned. 

16 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

Twins are no good.

A's seem dangerous but we seem to have their number 

Twins starting pitching is getting there, their pen has actually been pretty decent for the most part, and their hitting is decent to solid. 

They will still be the Halos main competition for the 2nd WC, just like a year ago.   Only this time, the Halos have much better starting pitching and a better offense than they had in 2017.

32 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

MLBTR just states he is facing one. Since he broke his hand, he would still be missing a good chunk of games anyway but now he just won't get paid to miss those games if he does get suspended. Knowing absolutely no info, I kind of understand why he would want to use steroids to live up to that monster contract he signed

So I was right but people here think they are a bunch of know it alls?

11 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Does anyone know the rule on this? He was only placed on the 10 day DL. It seemed short for a fractured hand. Does he have to be medically cleared to play or can he just be off the DL?

My guess is they can keep him on the 10 man until they run out of room..  they already had open spot or two on the 40 man ..  So, they didn't really need to move him to the 60 due to numbers crunch or anything

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Twins starting pitching is getting there, their pen has actually been pretty decent for the most part, and their hitting is decent to solid. 

They will still be the Halos main competition for the 2nd WC, just like a year ago.   Only this time, the Halos have much better starting pitching and a better offense.

The Twins do have a good team, but their biggest advantage lies within the fact that they can beat up on the rest of the AL Central.  It makes a big difference.  We have ~18 games against each of the Astros, Mariners, Athletics, Rangers.  They have ~18 games against each of the Indians, Royals, Tigers, White Sox.  Even if you want to say the Astros and Indians "even out" (which they don't), the Mariners + Athletics + Rangers >>>> Royals + Tigers + White Sox in terms of difficulty.

8 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

look at how happy you sob's are

While I do not celebrate or cheer on injuries, such as what Cano suffered on Sunday, I can cheer for baseball catching cheaters, or at least people who are "likely" cheating.  Can't know for sure with Cano, but again, it's hard to imagine why a mid 30 year old athlete would need to be on furosemide.

12 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

look at how happy you sob's are

I am not happy, im never happy when a star player in MLB get nailed for this or goes down for injury, it lessens the game ive loved for over 40 years.
The last thing we need is its stars not being on the field, especially for stupid reasons like this one