• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cano suspended 80 games for violating drug agreement

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

Essentially sounds like it, yes.  From everything I have seen, the suspension starts AFTER he returns from the DL.  

Wow....  I would have thought he would get the Edinson Volquez treatment and be allowed to serve while on the DL.   If they wait til he gets back -- he's def out for the season.   

Way to let the team down.

Losing Middleton was a huge blow for us, but losing Cano for effectively close to the rest of the season is a gigantic blow to the Mariners. 

This is, again, why Dipoto sets his teams up for failure.  They were a fringe contender - a borderline WC2 contender, but they "went all in," gutted their farm system, and now that the proverbial bad break has hit them, they have no ability to reasonably trade for re-inforcements, and since they are going all in now.. basically, they're screwed.

Good job, Mr. Dipoto.

Huge for the Angels. Mariner's offense now looks like its in tatters for the entire season. Their starters aren't exactly getting it done. We now just have to worry about the Twins and the A'ths to get into the wild card slot.

Just now, Warfarin said:

Losing Middleton was a huge blow for us, but losing Cano for effectively close to the rest of the season is a gigantic blow to the Mariners. 

This is, again, why Dipoto sets his teams up for failure.  They were a fringe contender - a borderline WC2 contender, but they "went all in," gutted their farm system, and now that the proverbial bad break has hit them, they have no ability to reasonably trade for re-inforcements, and since they are going all in now.. basically, they're screwed.

Good job, Mr. Dipoto.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?    It's his MO.    2014 Halos were also thin on pitching, especially once GRich went down that August. 

A few weeks ago, I had a very strong steroid shot in my upper back. I swear, within 2 hours (lasting for 24 hours or so) I was walking around flexing and saying "King Kong can't touch this shit" Made me realize how much roids could really boost a professional athlete.......

Just now, krAbs said:

Huge for the Angels. Mariner's offense now looks like its in tatters for the entire season. Their starters aren't exactly getting it done. We now just have to worry about the Twins and the A'ths to get into the wild card slot.

Twins are no good.

A's seem dangerous but we seem to have their number 

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

M's catch a break kinda since he was likely out for two months anyway with the broken hand -- but he loses his pay and I don't believe he can work out as he normally would while suspended.   Crazy turn of events.

Does anyone know the rule on this? He was only placed on the 10 day DL. It seemed short for a fractured hand. Does he have to be medically cleared to play or can he just be off the DL?

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

M's catch a break kinda since he was likely out for two months anyway with the broken hand -- but he loses his pay and I don't believe he can work out as he normally would while suspended.   Crazy turn of events.

Turns out to be true. MLB says you can serve suspension while on the DL.