• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tough Decision Time on Ohtani ?

On 3/24/2018 at 8:44 PM, 101halo said:

I wonder if despite "the plan" being that Ohtani would be guaranteed to start in majors, it can't work out if they force him to do so anyway. Let him regain his confidence, iron things out, and be back before the super two deadline. 

From my own professional experience, I went to my boss when he promoted two of my peers that had been promoted into their previous roles at same time as me with "what did I do wrong?" I was pissed. He explained that leadership perceived the way I came across as arrogant, and that was the one thing I needed to work on. 

At first I was hurt and thought it was unfair, as that was not my intention. In retrospect, it did a ton for me and allowed me to mature and led to the success I've had since. It was the right call, even if I didn't like it at the time. Could the same be true in this situation, where it leads to even more respect from Ohtani in future for halo leadership because they made a tough choice in his best long term interest? 

Shut your stupid ass face up. Douche. 

On 3/24/2018 at 5:19 AM, CubsFan said:

Debatable.  They have both won one World Series.   And Maddon was SOciaas number 2 when the Angels won in 2002 so gets credit their as well.

And that was two decades ago when mike won.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:18 AM, Troll Daddy said:

You have to admit that Maddon almost lost the WS with his bullpen management. 

And Sci is via didn't get his ass handed to him in another WS like Maddon. 

On 3/9/2018 at 8:14 PM, disarcina said:

It's still somewhat early in ST - but in about a week -- amazingly - it will be the mid-way point.

Here's the question with the much hyped Ohtani -- after all the build up do the Halos consider opening the season without Ohtani on the 25 man roster?

Not sure how this would work - but rather than have him sent to SLC to start the season, the Halos might consider leaving Ohtani behind in Tempe for an extended Spring Training to give him additional time to adjust to MLB, new country, new living situation and being a 23 year old kid who has the hopes of his home country on his shoulders (with his every move televised back home) and the eyes of MLB fans across the US and elsewhere on him wondering if he truly can be the next 'BABE RUTH' as touted on '60 Minutes' and elsewhere.

Ohtani could work out in Tempe (I don't think the Angels have anything other than a short season Rookie A League (short season) team there) and perhaps join the big league roster in mid-May or so. Not the start of the season, a little less hype and attention (although Ohtani will get the media attention where-ever he goes).

Anyway -- given what we've seen so far --with so much pressure on Ohtani and the difficulties with all the adjustments -- perhaps a delayed start to his Halos MLB debut might be the way to go. A tough call but one that may help him have a chance to get off to a better start and better over the long haul.

Apparently it wasn't that tough of a decision.

I thought Ohtani might need some AAA time but, more than that, I really thought Tropeano should be in the rotation, over somebody .... My evaluation skills don't look great so far...Skaggs was really good Friday, same with Shoe....we'll see where Trop fits in....depth is a good thing...maybe we finally have some.

18 minutes ago, Glen said:

Smart of the Angels to have his first two starts against Oakland.

I get why your posting that, but the A's always play the Angels tough.  It seems like the games are usually super close like the first two games of this series.  It is very nice to see the Angels get bigger wins in the last two games.

55 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I get why your posting that, but the A's always play the Angels tough.  It seems like the games are usually super close like the first two games of this series.  It is very nice to see the Angels get bigger wins in the last two games.

It’s also strange that they weren’t pitching guys in spring training against teams they’d be facing early in the season and yet he’s facing the A’s twice.  

On 4/2/2018 at 9:19 AM, Jobu said:

The only tough decision with Ohtani will be how many bobblehead nights to squeeze out of his combined Cy Young/Rookie of the Year/Silver Slugger awards.

I think that would be threeve.