• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tough Decision Time on Ohtani ?

On 3/10/2018 at 10:07 AM, Blarg said:

Scouts may have seen only 14 plate appearances from Ohtani but they have a catalogue of millions of swings spread over thousands of players to draw comparisons to. If they are saying what they have seen comps with players not ready for MLB major league play the butt hurt is coming from you guys. 

Ohtani looks over matched right now, two weeks into play. So do many other players that we know have MLB skills. I think the difference is the other players know where they need to be to hit at this level, Ohtani knows where he needs to be to hit in Japan. There is a gap he will need to fill in. 

Agreed.

16 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

Guys, he can't hit the curve, they don't have curve balls in Japan.  Send him down for a year in Little League.

https://sports.yahoo.com/angels-rookie-shohei-ohtani-hits-first-homer-majors-035740979.html

With two runners on base in the first inning, Ohtani flicked a 2-and-2 curveball into the bleachers in right-center field. 

Your trolling skills are pretty bad. 

On 3/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, eligrba said:

Holy friggin over reaction, Batman....

Ohtani is a rookie making the league minimum.........all I see is butt-hurt from giddy butt-hurt team scouts who, all of a sudden, seemed to have changed their collective minds about Ohtani based on a very small sample size.

Because of all of the hype, Ohtani will simply need to make adjustments earlier than other rookies.

Not worried one bit about Ohtani.  I am more worried about the bullpen......and maybe the starting pitching.....possibly the impact of Simmons's shoulder strain.....a little about Pujols reverting back to a pull hitter.....the economy.....my rash....an annoying oily discharge.

Idiot.

2 hours ago, zenmaster said:

Great start but now he's setting the bar high and if he doesn't perform like Babe Ruth the rest of the year will we all be disappointed?

If he goes 0-for-4 in his next start, people will claim he's a bust.