• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you done with Calhoun?

I'm pretty close.

I know the Angels have many problems so I am not putting it all on Kole.

But he used to easily be among the things I didn't think needed fixing.

Now he is right in the middle of all the things that need fixing.

Maybe he just isn't good enough.

He's been unlucky this year to some degree.  his GB rate has increased a bit over last year.  But everything else is the same.  He's missing about 10 hits.  Most of which are doubles and triples which make a little sense due to his decrease in fly balls.  But his babip is about 30 points lower than his career avg.  He's basically having his 2015 season but with some bad luck.  

Of course you want to see more out of a guy who is in the first year of his new 3 year extension but that contract was still a bargain by baseball standards.  Kole is a guy who when he came up there weren't a lot of expectations but aside from Trout he was one of a few bright spots on the team and he averaged over 3 WAR a year from 2014-2016.  Given how bad the team has been offensively if there's a year for him to have a down year this is it because even if he were doing better it wouldn't change trajectory of the team.

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Exactly.  Dude is a solid major league player.  He's having a down year on a team where everyone is having a down year 

So we should keep everyone for their bounce back seasons?

Strad, you know that a down year is bullshit. I could understand a bad month but Kole has sucked for 3 out of 4 months. Maybin sucked in April then gave us 5 weeks of good baseball before sucking again. Maybin is a loser for us because now we can't even trade him. Kole can still fetch a solid prospect. 

It's funny how bad things have gotten here. The Yankees Aaron Hicks will be coming off of the DL so they will have to send down 22 year old Clint Frazier who is probably better than Kole at this point. Kole is a terrific defender but he's not a 23 or 24 year old trying to learn about MLB, he should be a much better hitter and at this point and in fact should be in his prime. It looks like he's already declining.