• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you done with Calhoun?

7 hours ago, floplag said:

Last 3 years hes had a WAR of over 3, one "bad" season whee hes still better than replacement and you want to toss that towel?
Sometimes i think we have the worst fanbase. 

I'll be more specific. "Bad" season in 2015 when it came to hitting. A .256/.308/.422 slash line in '15 ain't horrible but considering that Calhoun was pretty good the year before, .272/.325/.450 slash line, then it was a disappointing that his slash line dropped by a decent amount.

10 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I'm pretty close.

I know the Angels have many problems so I am not putting it all on Kole.

But he used to easily be among the things I didn't think needed fixing.

Now he is right in the middle of all the things that need fixing.

Maybe he just isn't good enough.

Sounds like a Napoli 2.0.  He winds up with another AL West team and makes the Angels pay.

33 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

Sounds like a Napoli 2.0.  He winds up with another AL West team and makes the Angels pay.

Hey, somebody has to replace Napoli, he can't play baseball forever hitting .207.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

It would be at least equally stupid to count on him.  Hundreds and hundreds of players. . .

There are not hundreds  and hundreds of players who have a three year record like Calhoun (3WAR ave).  This year isnt over so we can continue the debate after the season.

12 hours ago, Glen said:

I would appreciate it if he'd stop sucking, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.

Harper hit .243 last year, and was . 270 hitter his first 3 years. He got better. I'm not saying Kole is a Bryce Harper just that players can have a bad season and still come back strong.

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this Calhoun bashing. I mean yeah, he sucks this year. But he's simply a symptom of a much larger problem with the offense. 

2B has been an absolute God damn trainwreck, between Espinosa putting up one of the worst seasons in modern history and Franklin/Pennington licking salty nards. 

The revolving door at 1B has been atrocious. Cron has been a chubby little shit all year and has only just started showing signs of improvement. Marte was atrocious. Valbuena has been horrid most of the year. 

The DH spot is being held down by the rotting corpse of Albert Pujols' ghost. 

Escobar has been pretty fucking bad most of the season, and he's been disgusting since the ASB. He's a one trick pony and he can't even do his one trick well.

So yeah, Kole has sucked. But as others have already said, even if he were having a career year we'd still be in bad shape. 

Talk to me when he's doing this next year. Until then, we have far bigger problems.

10 hours ago, FanSince'98 said:

Are baseball fans really this ignorant and impatient? Calhoun has spent 3 full seasons with us producing 80+ runs or RBIs each season depending on where he hit in the lineup and also a gold glove....then 93 games into one bad season for him and you want to give up. Then go ahead and give up just stop talking about every player who ever has a bad first half. 

you must be new here. this is what the main board is frequently like. fans have no patience with certain players and want to pull the plug on them far too easily.

calhoun will be fine. down years happen.

13 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I'll be more specific. "Bad" season in 2015 when it came to hitting. A .256/.308/.422 slash line in '15 ain't horrible but considering that Calhoun was pretty good the year before, .272/.325/.450 slash line, then it was a disappointing that his slash line dropped by a decent amount.

Or more than his slash line matters.  '15 was his worst year and he still put up a 3 WAR.    Ill take that all day

22 hours ago, vladdy#27 said:

Calhoun struggled the first two months of the season, but that likely could have been caused by some bad luck. He had a BABIP of .247

AB 203 Avg .207 HR 5 2B 7 OBP .287 SLG .315

Over the last two months he has been much better as his BABIP (.295) has gotten closer to his career average (.302). 

AB 168 Avg .262 HR 8 2B 6 OBP .339 SLG .440

Exactly.  His slash line since June 1 is: .263/.342/.780 with 27 RBI and 8HR in 46 games. That would project out to 25-30 HR and close to 100 RBI over a full season.  

Keep in mind the guy is still in the first year of his first child.  That is always distracting.  He had a very rough start, but has come around.  Wait until the end of the season before you even contemplate talking about needing to replace him.