• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you done with Calhoun?

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Calhoun is pretty close to the bottom of the list of problems the Angels need to deal with. 

I wouldnt say its not a concern. Its more amplified by how poor the rest of the team is. But its kind of worrying, being that he was part of the core moving forward. 

That said, for now im hopeful its more just a down year kind of thing.

17 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

So we should keep everyone for their bounce back seasons?

Strad, you know that a down year is bullshit. I could understand a bad month but Kole has sucked for 3 out of 4 months. Maybin sucked in April then gave us 5 weeks of good baseball before sucking again. Maybin is a loser for us because now we can't even trade him. Kole can still fetch a solid prospect. 

It's funny how bad things have gotten here. The Yankees Aaron Hicks will be coming off of the DL so they will have to send down 22 year old Clint Frazier who is probably better than Kole at this point. Kole is a terrific defender but he's not a 23 or 24 year old trying to learn about MLB, he should be a much better hitter and at this point and in fact should be in his prime. It looks like he's already declining.

To answer your questions:

No we shouldn't keep everyone.  Where did you read me saying that?  Oh you didn't you were just being a Clod.  Would you sell low on a stock?  

and 

no I don't know that a bad year is bullshit. 

Calhoun struggled the first two months of the season, but that likely could have been caused by some bad luck. He had a BABIP of .247

AB 203 Avg .207 HR 5 2B 7 OBP .287 SLG .315

Over the last two months he has been much better as his BABIP (.295) has gotten closer to his career average (.302). 

AB 168 Avg .262 HR 8 2B 6 OBP .339 SLG .440

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

Last 3 years hes had a WAR of over 3, one "bad" season whee hes still better than replacement and you want to toss that towel?
Sometimes i think we have the worst fanbase. 

No I am saying he has lost his position of "we don't have to worry about RF".

I am worried about RF now.  If you are not good for you.

For me, RF is now among the positions on the GMs desk as part of the "gotta figure this out" items and now he could be a moving piece. . . .rather than being in the "no issue here and build around" group with Trout and Simmons.

I wouldn't now hesitate to make an aggressive move that involved Kole when before he wasn't in the possible moving pieces group.

51 minutes ago, Stradling said:

To answer your questions:

No we shouldn't keep everyone.  Where did you read me saying that?  Oh you didn't you were just being a Clod.  Would you sell low on a stock?  

and 

no I don't know that a bad year is bullshit. 

Bad year fresh off of an extension. Not exactly what we were looking for from Kole. 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I'm pretty close.

I know the Angels have many problems so I am not putting it all on Kole.

But he used to easily be among the things I didn't think needed fixing.

Now he is right in the middle of all the things that need fixing.

Maybe he just isn't good enough.

Are baseball fans really this ignorant and impatient? Calhoun has spent 3 full seasons with us producing 80+ runs or RBIs each season depending on where he hit in the lineup and also a gold glove....then 93 games into one bad season for him and you want to give up. Then go ahead and give up just stop talking about every player who ever has a bad first half. 

38 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

Are baseball fans really this ignorant and impatient? Calhoun has spent 3 full seasons with us producing 80+ runs or RBIs each season depending on where he hit in the lineup and also a gold glove....then 93 games into one bad season for him and you want to give up. Then go ahead and give up just stop talking about every player who ever has a bad first half. 

Don't misread this.  If the Angels had more solid core guys to build around then uou can have the luxury of lots and lots of patience.

I don't want 2018 to be a throw away season.  The Angels have Trout and Simmons at this point.

The Angels need more reliable offense in many spots in the lineup.  The reality is Kole has not performed well enough right now to have me not consider RF as a position to upgrade.

Maybe I shouldn't say I am almost done with Calhoun.  Maybe I should say I am done with having like 6 holes in the lineup and in order to fix it, I'm not excluding Calhoun as a possible movable piece.

If the Angels can solve three other spots sure I can roll with Calhoun.

Calhoun was in the All good group of three.  Now he isn't.  I don't know that RF is set now.

If that makes me "ignorant". . .I disagree.  It makes me a realist.

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Don't misread this.  If the Angels had more solid core guys to build around then uou can have the luxury of lots and lots of patience.

I don't want 2018 to be a throw away season.  The Angels have Trout and Simmons at this point.

The Angels need more reliable offense in many spots in the lineup.  The reality is Kole has not performed well enough right now to have me not consider RF as a position to upgrade.

Maybe I shouldn't say I am almost done with Calhoun.  Maybe I should say I am done with having like 6 holes in the lineup and in order to fix it, I'm not excluding Calhoun as a possible movable piece.

If the Angels can solve three other spots sure I can roll with Calhoun.

Calhoun was in the All good group of three.  Now he isn't.  I don't know that RF is set now.

If that makes me "ignorant". . .I disagree.  It makes me a realist.

So your argument is players can't have a bad first half of the season on bad teams they can only do that on good teams? Oh okay sure....or it just happens to everyone on all teams even guys like Bryce Harper. Would you have traded Harper last year after he hit .240? lol

32 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

So your argument is players can't have a bad first half of the season on bad teams they can only do that on good teams? Oh okay sure....or it just happens to everyone on all teams even guys like Bryce Harper. Would you have traded Harper last year after he hit .240? lol

For Trout?

Yes 

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Last 3 years hes had a WAR of over 3, one "bad" season whee hes still better than replacement and you want to toss that towel?
Sometimes i think we have the worst fanbase. 

It's just the usual suspects who spout inane garbage about the team and/or players in every post. 

1 hour ago, FanSince'98 said:

Salmon would have been dumped early.  Didnt he always struggle the first half?

4 hours ago, FanSince'98 said:

Yeah sure if this is the snarky nonsense you need to have fun on the board.  If Bryce Frickin Harper struggled for part of a season I would cut him. . .You know because Kole Calhoun is exactly like Bryce Harper.

Kole was, since he was literally 10 years old, just like Harper, the most recognized consensus baseball prodigy on earth and continued to mind-numbingly dominate at every level to the point that he was excelling in the majors as a teenager.

Yeah I mean the comparison is so exact it is almost scary.

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

Salmon would have been dumped early.  Didnt he always struggle the first half?

Calhoun is no Salmon (or Harper).

It's a stupid comment.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of players that have had three decent seasons in the majors and then never really produce much thereafter.

I guess if we all want to pretend there is no possibility that Calhoun will simply be one of these hundreds and hundreds of players. . .then OK cool.  We love you Kole!  But that isn't living in reality.

I like Kole and want him to do well.  But baseball history is chock full of guys who are decent for 3 years and then fade.

I apologize for having my eyes are open.

59 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It's a stupid comment.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of players that have had three decent seasons in the majors and then never really produce much thereafter.

I guess if we all want to pretend there is no possibility that Calhoun will simply be one of these hundreds and hundreds of players. . .then OK cool.  We love you Kole!  But that isn't living in reality.

I like Kole and want him to do well.  But baseball history is chock full of guys who are decent for 3 years and then fade.

I apologize for having my eyes are Since we are talking about stupid.....it is beyond stupid to be "done " with a guy who by your words a solid statter because he slumps for half a season.  That is really stupid!

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:
1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

It's a stupid comment.

I apologize for having my eyes are Since we are talking about stupid.....it is beyond stupid to be "done " with a guy who by your words a solid statter because he slumps for half a season.  That is really stupid!

It would be at least equally stupid to count on him.  Hundreds and hundreds of players. . .