• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think I'm done with this franchise for a bit

I can guarantee you if you were to put bat Jeff Mathis, or Bobby Wilson, or that guy the Angels drafted in the first round this year immediately behind Trout, that Trout's walk rate would go up considerably.

And his stolen bases would go up. Oh and nice dig at Taylow Ward, who is killing it in the minors so far.

And his stolen bases would go up. Oh and nice dig at Taylow Ward, who is killing it in the minors so far.

That was mostly an indirect dig at Scioscia, who I presume overruled Jerry Dipoto on the draft as Dipoto was already in the lame duck stage of his career with the Angels. 

Any thing to base your logic that Scioscia over ruled JD on the draft? Just curious.

That was mostly an indirect dig at Scioscia, who I presume overruled Jerry Dipoto on the draft as Dipoto was already in the lame duck stage of his career with the Angels.

• 2 weeks later...

This all bodes well for JD...if the team he put together keeps going the way it is, he will be sought out by a lot of FO's around the league.

Lets hope he doesn't end up with an org in the AL West.. 

Edited by Homebrewer

This all bodes well for JD...if the team he put together keeps going the way it is, he will be sought out by a lot of FO's around the league.

The Mariners might be looking for new leadership if they remain in the American League cellar in a year they were expected to win their division.

Hopefully Dipoto ends up with the Phillies organization. They're the national league team I tend to cheer for for some reason.

This all bodes well for JD...if the team he put together keeps going the way it is, he will be sought out by a lot of FO's around the league.

Yeah, should be a market for quitters who fold under pressure.

Yeah, should be a market for quitters who fold under pressure.

If there was an irreconcilable difference in vision between Jerry Dipoto and Mike Scioscia to the point where Sciosica would not trust Dipoto's judgment or even utilize his scouting reports, and if Moreno refused to grant Dipoto the promised degree of autonomy needed to perform his job properly, then Dipoto staying on would have done nothing to help the team. Stoneman and Scioscia working together for the remainder of the season will likely result in greater efficiency and fewer distractions  due to both people being on the same page. I personally believe a combination of Dipoto and like minded coaching staff would be more successful long term, but it was clear that was not going to happen within the Angels organization.

Edited by ScottLux

If there was an irreconcilable difference in vision between Jerry Dipoto and Mike Scioscia to the point where Sciosica would not trust Dipoto's judgment or even utilize his scouting reports, and if Moreno refused to grant Dipoto the promised degree of autonomy needed to perform his job properly, then Dipoto staying on would have done nothing to help the team. Stoneman and Scioscia working together for the remainder of the season will likely result in greater efficiency and fewer distractions  due to both people being on the same page. I personally believe a combination of Dipoto and like minded coaching staff would be more successful long term, but it was clear that was not going to happen within the Angels organization.

An upper management team is no different than an on field team. When you have proven nothing (Dipoto) it's best not to act in a manner that reflects your way or the highway. It's no secret that it's been a confrontational relationship between Dipoto and Scioscia. The chemistry between the two is important, but the trust is broken when each other goes over the person and contradicts the others authority. This could have happened with Scioscia going to Arte (for what?), but it undoubtedly happened with Dipoto and the players. 

The team has had success in the past, particularly as immediate as last season when they won the most games in baseball. A mix of each others' philosophy has shown success. Dipoto gives Scioscia's team the advanced analytics information, and Scioscia's team filters it through to the veterans and young guys differently. 

Dipoto saw a team in Houston go all in on the analytics methodology and expedite their potential future success to immediate terms. Dipoto is sitting here thinking, we have this information available to us, we are struggling, he needs to get off the 50/50 split of old school vs new school and lean towards majority analytics. Well, guess what, you need balance. Angels are hitting their stride, Houston is coming down to Earth, and Dipoto quit prematurely because he panicked. 

Edited by Shane

The Mariners might be looking for new leadership if they remain in the American League cellar in a year they were expected to win their division.

Hopefully Dipoto ends up with the Phillies organization. They're the national league team I tend to cheer for for some reason.

He might be shipping off to Boston. I can't imagine Cherington is too comfortable right about now.

Aw.com needs to do some Kickstarter or GoFundMe page to send him somewhere until after the postseason.

how about a villa in Tuscany?  

or just a simple beachfront condo in hawaii would be fine.  

I'll assume airfare and car rental will be included.