• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think I'm done with this franchise for a bit

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED that Troll Daddy's opinions differ from the majority on this site.

That's good, we are definitely racially and mentally diverse.  Equal opportunity posting, it's the future.

I don't root for managers, gm's or owners. I have pulling for this team passionately since 1972. I can understand being upset about things with the team.

But all of this hue and cry about not being a fan of the Angels anymore? Because of a gm change?

Jeez guys, weak ass sauce.

That's twice in one week I've agreed with you. I didn't realize you were older. Good to know.

That's good, we are definitely racially and mentally diverse.  Equal opportunity posting, it's the future.

Racially diverse, that's great, though not sure how it applies there. Mentally diverse is also a great thing, and frankly his years of trolling, to the point where the owner/operator of this site changed his name to "Troll Daddy," without getting banned is quite impressive. Somewhere out there, Lifetime is wondering where he all went wrong with that strategy. 

Do you think it should've been the other way around ?

I think it should have been in the middle.  Both guys doing their respective jobs appropriately with MS handling the field work and Dipoto everything else.  If push comes to shove then it should be the GM out ranking the manager.  There is a line of course.  I don't expect Dipoto to be calling hit and runs or cruising the clubhouse and instructing the players on swing mechanics or filling out a lineup card.  I also wouldn't expect MS to give his permission for a trade or who may or may not get called up or sent down.  Nor would I expect it to be Scioscia's decision as to whether certain analytics be passed along to the players.  

I think it should have been in the middle. Both guys doing their respective jobs appropriately with MS handling the field work and Dipoto everything else. If push comes to shove then it should be the GM out ranking the manager. There is a line of course. I don't expect Dipoto to be calling hit and runs or cruising the clubhouse and instructing the players on swing mechanics or filling out a lineup card. I also wouldn't expect MS to give his permission for a trade or who may or may not get called up or sent down. Nor would I expect it to be Scioscia's decision as to whether certain analytics be passed along to the players.

You have valid points ... lets not forget that Arte outranks the GM. After hearing Tim Salmon speak on the subject ... he made it clear that Scioscia would use any source of information to give his team a edge on the field. All Mike wants to do is win.

The funny thing is ... the team is winning. Do you really believe this team should have more wins?

For a Ranger fan, this is one of my favorite Angelswin threads... Angel fans on the brink of tears, giving up on their team, front office drama, thread drama, Brokeback Mountain quotes... gotta love it. Here, have a Kleenex. Wipe your tears. See if your team can win any games against my Rangers this week.

Best post of the night ... dead on balls

For a Ranger fan, this is one of my favorite Angelswin threads... Angel fans on the brink of tears, giving up on their team, front office drama, thread drama, Brokeback Mountain quotes... gotta love it. Here, have a Kleenex. Wipe your tears. See if your team can win any games against my Rangers this week. 

And so they arrive, fresh from mauling the Orioles, talking smack and hoping to find dead bodies.  Based on the evidence this should be a cakewalk for you guys.   Good luck chump, you will need it.

Edited by tomsred

You have valid points ... lets not forget that Arte outranks the GM. After hearing Tim Salmon speak on the subject ... he made it clear that Scioscia would use any source of information to give his team a edge on the field. All Mike wants to do is win.

The funny thing is ... the team is winning. Do you really believe this team should have more wins?

As Arte should and frankly, as I have said in other threads, this is more on him than anyone.  He created muddled chain of command that led to all of this.  

I have no doubt that Mike wants to win.  I also think Mike would use any resource HE thinks would help the team which is much different than saying he would use any and all resources.  

Asking if I think they should have more wins is a loaded question, but I'll answer it anyway.  Yes.  but there is no way to prove that one way or another.  Suffice to say that the information that MS didn't deem useful may have been helpful.  Maybe some advanced scouting on a pitcher. Maybe something about Matt Joyce or Chris Iannetta's approach.  Maybe something subtle on how our pitchers should have approached another teams hitters.  Did you read the article by Keri?  I don't think it's something you are inclined to believe, but I think there is some truth there.  

The analytics team isn't just pulling stuff out of thin air.  It's not just 'hey, try this'.  There are mounds of information being processed and other teams are using it for a reason.  Because it works.  By no means should it be the end all be all, but at least consider every option.  

For a Ranger fan, this is one of my favorite Angelswin threads... Angel fans on the brink of tears, giving up on their team, front office drama, thread drama, Brokeback Mountain quotes... gotta love it. Here, have a Kleenex. Wipe your tears. See if your team can win any games against my Rangers this week. 

our front office is winged and half our team is underperforming and we are still .5 a game ahead of you.  

As Arte should and frankly, as I have said in other threads, this is more on him than anyone. He created muddled chain of command that led to all of this.

I have no doubt that Mike wants to win. I also think Mike would use any resource HE thinks would help the team which is much different than saying he would use any and all resources.

Asking if I think they should have more wins is a loaded question, but I'll answer it anyway. Yes. but there is no way to prove that one way or another. Suffice to say that the information that MS didn't deem useful may have been helpful. Maybe some advanced scouting on a pitcher. Maybe something about Matt Joyce or Chris Iannetta's approach. Maybe something subtle on how our pitchers should have approached another teams hitters. Did you read the article by Keri? I don't think it's something you are inclined to believe, but I think there is some truth there.

The analytics team isn't just pulling stuff out of thin air. It's not just 'hey, try this'. There are mounds of information being processed and other teams are using it for a reason. Because it works. By no means should it be the end all be all, but at least consider every option.

One could argue that the team would be 5 wins less without Scioscia at the helm ... which I'm inclined to believe.

I've been supporting Scioscia since day one ... doesn't mean I agree with all of his decisions on or off the field but he's right more often than not. In baseball that's hard to do

We have a HOF manager and should be proud as a fan. I'm excited to see how this season ends. I don't think we'll catch the Astros but a wild card will do for starters.

See you guys at the game. I'll buy the beers!

I'm not sure I can take it any more of reading this thread, Troll Daddy.  I think the funniest line was "We had a chance to build something lasting and special."  Boo-hoo.

Second most hilarious had to be the Brokeback Mountain quote that was soooooo emo, then we had this latest one: "We bitch because we care." LOL. Really? Is that why?

I mean, c'mon, you lost your GM, not your boyfriends.  Go get your nails done or something and forget about it.       

I'm not sure I can take it any more of reading this thread, Troll Daddy.  I think the funniest line was "We had a chance to build something lasting and special."  Boo-hoo.

Second most hilarious had to be the Brokeback Mountain quote that was soooooo emo, then we had this latest one: "We bitch because we care." LOL. Really? Is that why?

I mean, c'mon, you lost your GM, not your boyfriends.  Go get your nails done or something and forget about it.       

Aren't you the guy still crying about Nolan Ryan leaving the Rangers organization over at the Newberg Report. "Flounder"?   You might want to keep from telling others how to act when you have yet to get over your own "boyfriend" dumping you.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I'm not sure I can take it any more of reading this thread, Troll Daddy. I think the funniest line was "We had a chance to build something lasting and special." Boo-hoo.

I mean, c'mon, you lost your GM, not your boyfriends. Go get your nails done or something and forget about it.

Lmao this has to be one of my favorite posts in awhile.

I think people are wrongly expecting it to be the Bill Stoneman show now. He even said he'd be leaning heavily on Klentak and Servais. I believe they will still be handling a bulk of the work and guiding the ship, but Bill will be there to bring the GM experience to help close deals and cross the t's and dot the i's, and be a familiar individual for other FO's to deal with. He'll also be a bridge between Scioscia and Servais/Klentak, one that may even work a little better than what had been the course recently.

If anything changes, it'll be what brought this a crux; game-day stats, analytical information, and scouting. Roles that Brogna/Eckstein had. 

Dipoto had been pushing that, it didn't fly, he's gone. So, good chance that well will have run dry for the time being. 

But in terms of what the FO is working on and their plan? I doubt it changes much, or you would have seen everyone leaving or Arte not attempting to broker peace.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arte uses the rest of the year to determine what he needs to do for the future; if the Angels miss playoffs, go with Klentak/Servais for GM and a new manager and staff, or should they make the playoffs, retain Scioscia and Co. and bring in a puppet GM.

For a Ranger fan, this is one of my favorite Angelswin threads... Angel fans on the brink of tears, giving up on their team, front office drama, thread drama, Brokeback Mountain quotes... gotta love it. Here, have a Kleenex. Wipe your tears. See if your team can win any games against my Rangers this week.

This post is fantastic. Are you related to Stamm by chance?

I just think this whole thing is kind of bs. I can tell that all of you care about the team and in the end if this team wins and gets into the playoff you will on be on board. Whoever is the manager, gm or owner.

Exactly, I don't see any fire pits in the middle of State College or Katella where people are burning their Angels gear. Pretty much any team can make the playoffs. People's asses are sore. They'll be watching this series against Texas, like every other series.

Mt I just wanted to point out that I think you're a great poster here and am sure you're a great dude in real life. My comment was not meant to knock you in any way. Doc is also one of my favorite posters and I'm on his side 90% of the time. I just wanted to point out that he was not saying he was no longer a fan, which could easily be interpreted from his thread title.