• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think I'm done with this franchise for a bit

Dipoto was far from perfect.  But he brought an aura of interest and contemporary thought to this franchise.  Everything that went down brought back the stale magoo of being a step or two behind the kind of baseball that's exciting to me at least.  

MS used to have an advantage over his peers when things were being done the old way.  He was better at old baseball than they were.  That advantage was negated when advanced metrics took hold and de-emphasized the impact of being able to win or lose games based on the x's and o's.    

The race became about finding the next set of underutilized metric and applying it appropriately.  A long term philosophical play as opposed to when to bunt or hit and run.  Those things still matter, but they have become secondary to a top to bottom organizational philosophy that can't be changed from year to year.  

Yeah I agree with you, doc. I spend a ridiculous amount of time, energy, and money. All for what? To end up disappointed like this franchise does to you over and over again. This last move is stupid, if almost feels like when your girlfriend breaks up with you, you don't want to believe it because things were going so well and you keep hoping that they will come crawling back. I really wish they could have patched this up because bottom line Jerry Dipoto made this a better organization and we took an enormous hit today when he decided to leave. Scioscia needs to go, there is no way around that. And why wouldn't Scott servais or klentak get promoted? They were the ones closest to Dipoto and probably knew more about what direction Dipoto wanted to take us than anybody else in the organization. I can't stand the decisions this franchise makes, they are illogical and outdated. I have to disconnect from this franchise

I've moved on, time to punk Hamilton's squad with whatever resources we have.  I would have preferred Dipoto's help, but it's not going to there so we do the best with what we have.  There is nothing I can do about it.  I'm with Troll Daddy, I prefer to suck it up as compared to nothing.  Arte and Scioscia are not complete idiots, they believe in their approach.  It may not seem to be the best method to a lot of us, but it is what it is.  I don't see any point in wishing failure on anyone in the organization like some have.  Hopefully improvements will come in the future.  It's not just a win or lose situation for me, I can watch the games either way, and enjoy the drama.

Edited by tomsred

Your negativity is probably why the rally monkey didn't show up.

I want to treat this team like its the late '80s or early '90s and enjoy their mediocrity but I'm at the game right now staring at some POS rally monkey gimmick wondering wtf I'm spending my money on. This organization seems like it's on a path to nowhere. I can see why some people want to take a break.

All I can say is thank god for Trout.

I want to treat this team like its the late '80s or early '90s and enjoy their mediocrity but I'm at the game right now staring at some POS rally monkey gimmick wondering wtf I'm spending my money on. This organization seems like it's on a path to nowhere. I can see why some people want to take a break.

All I can say is thank god for Trout.

Do you really need to pick on the monkey? Baseball is a family event. The women and children love that monkey.