• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think I'm done with this franchise for a bit

I'm with ya Doc.

Actually, like Gotbeer, I was there before this stuff all blew up.

The team just isn't very compelling on the field right now...and for a long time I have blamed that on Scioscia and company.

The brand of baseball being played in Anaheim is pretty damn boring, and I don't see how that is going to change with Mike Milquetoast calling the shots.

God how I wish it was Scioscia who got pissed off and bailed out. 

I'm with ya Doc.

Actually, like Gotbeer, I was there before this stuff all blew up.

The team just isn't very compelling on the field right now...and for a long time I have blamed that on Scioscia and company.

The brand of baseball being played in Anaheim is pretty damn boring, and I don't see how that is going to change with Mike Milquetoast calling the shots.

God how I wish it was Scioscia who got pissed off and bailed out.

You hit the nail on the head when you said this team isn't compelling on the field. Sadly when you look at this group, I am more prone to blame Dipoto than I am Scioscia for the group of players. I guess ultimately it is Arte's fault, but the lack of compellingness of this team, well it isn't Scioscia's fault because he can do nothing to make David Freese, Chris Iannetta, Taylor Featherston, Matt Joyce, exciting players. Sadly, the worst of them all, would be the one that could be the most exciting of them all and that is Featherston, at least he is an unknown.

At least mentally anyway.  I'll watch and hang out with y'all, but my fandom just got a lot more casual.  

I felt like we had an opportunity to turn a corner in the next couple of years and suddenly I feel like I've stepped into a time machine where we can't score and the team is being run from the dugout.  

Maybe it was all smoke an mirrors but I was engaged in the direction this team was headed and I felt like it was interesting at the very least.  

Now?  Not so much.  Oh well.  I lived through the 90's so it can't be any worse than that right?  Thank god for Mike Trout.  

I feel exactly the same way. I believe that we had a chance to build something lasting and special, but team ownership decided that it was too much change and went back to the way that gave us a depleted farm system and an old, hopeless roster. Just go ahead and make Scioscia manager for life, leave the GM position vacant and I will go back to watching the Braves.

If things continue down this road, I can easily see Mike Trout asking to be traded before his current contract is out.

I don't root for managers, gm's or owners.  I have pulling for this team passionately since 1972.  I can understand being upset about things with the team.

But all of this hue and cry about not being a fan of the Angels anymore?  Because of a gm change?

Jeez guys, weak ass sauce.

The Thread Title here is interesting, especially the part about being done for a "bit"....Is a bit 5 minutes, 5 days, 500 days, or 5 years?  And the part about "I think", it's not too committal.   Face it, if you're not a fan, you're not even posting here, except for trolls.  It's like stepping on a sink hole, once you're in baby you're not coming up for air.

There is no resigning on AngelsWin, you just die, and someone else takes your screen name and says things that will make your spirit retch.

Edited by tomsred

I don't root for managers, gm's or owners.  I have pulling for this team passionately since 1972.  I can understand being upset about things with the team.

But all of this hue and cry about not being a fan of the Angels anymore?  Because of a gm change?

Jeez guys, weak ass sauce.

I apologize if my emotional response to this situation doesn't match yours.  

I am pretty sure there wasn't one response in this thread that mentioned not being a fan of the Angels anymore.  

Some of us enjoy more than what Erick Aybar does at the plate on a Wednesday or whether Santiago throws 6 innings instead of 5. 

Nice underplay with 'gm change' btw.  That really sells your point.  

To some of us it's an unfortunate shift in the philosophy of the organization.  One that many were pleased to have as part of the past.  

In the grand scheme of things, none of this is really all that big of a deal.  It's just baseball.  But here we are.  Many of us pretty regularly investing our time, money and effort into following our team.  

Don't worry about it though, I slept like Mike Butcher last night and I will again tonight.  Just post a pic of your view from way up there.  

I am pretty sure there wasn't one response in this thread that mentioned not being a fan of the Angels anymore.

Some of us enjoy more than what Erick Aybar does at the plate on a Wednesday or whether Santiago throws 6 innings instead of 5.

Nice underplay with 'gm change' btw. That really sells your point.

To some of us it's an unfortunate shift in the philosophy of the organization. One that many were pleased to have as part of the past.

In the grand scheme of things, none of this is really all that big of a deal. It's just baseball. But here we are. Many of us pretty regularly investing our time, money and effort into following our team.

Don't worry about it though, I slept like Mike Butcher last night and I will again tonight. Just post a pic of your view from way up there.

Unfortunate shift in philosophy? Spare me the drama Doc

How many here were happy the team didn't play today?

This really isn't about missing Dipoto or a GM change.

It was about the team going backwards on its statistical approach to building teams, and realizing the hard way, that MS really is every bit of the dictator he was portrayed to be.

I remember looking at our division rivals and envying the Billy Beans and Jon Daniels of their work, and being excited that we finally got one our own statistical minded guy after the Dipoto signing. Especially after the horrendous moves Reagins had made earlier.

But we're back to where it all started, it's the Stoneman age again.

Edited by moccasin

Nice underplay with 'gm change' btw.  That really sells your point.  

To some of us it's an unfortunate shift in the philosophy of the organization.  One that many were pleased to have as part of the past.  

In the grand scheme of things, none of this is really all that big of a deal.  It's just baseball.  But here we are.  Many of us pretty regularly investing our time, money and effort into following our team.  

Don't worry about it though, I slept like Mike Butcher last night and I will again tonight.  Just post a pic of your view from way up there.  

Sorry if my emotional response doesn't match yours.  And there was a gm change, did you want me to make up some other scenario just to make you feel better?

The Thread Title here is interesting, especially the part about being done for a "bit"....Is a bit 5 minutes, 5 days, 500 days, or 5 years?  And the part about "I think", it's not too committal.   Face it, if you're not a fan, you're not even posting here, except for trolls.  It's like stepping on a sink hole, once you're in baby you're not coming up for air.

There is no resigning on AngelsWin, you just die, and someone else takes your screen name and says things that will make your spirit retch.

Wait am I dead?

I totally get where Doc is coming from I feel similarly. Dipoto was someone that I personally got behind and believed in. Reagins didn't inspire that in me nor did Stoneman to be honest.

Jerry brought a lot of forward thinking, planning, and execution that this team badly needed. His philosophy about a moving window of contention was the ultimate goal where we compete every year while replenishing our farm system. It was headed in that direction.

My only hope is that Stoneman leans so heavily on Klentak that Matt makes the ultimate decisions. That probably won't happen for the most part but I'm warming to the possibility.

Beyond that I hope at the end of the year the Angels do a thorough GM search and then select an analytically bent GM like Dipoto who has the teeth to do the job despite the power usurping Scioscia. At this point I really hope Mike opts out and tries to get more money and piss Moreno off. One can always hope.

I love the Angels, always have, always will. However I'm open to the idea that if Dipoto takes the reins of another GM position somewhere else that I might start watching that team and following it. He was interesting to watch as a fan.

Sorry if my emotional response doesn't match yours.  And there was a gm change, did you want me to make up some other scenario just to make you feel better?

I didn't call people out for their response.  

I feel fine.  

Where's that pic?

All this time I thought the Angels were competing every year under Scioscia. I have nothing against Dipoto but he chose to quit out of frustration. His ideas are nothing new to baseball. Dipoto may never get another shot at GM and if he does I could careless.

Analytics have been part of Angel baseball before Dipoto's arrival. It's sad that he couldn't find a way to work with one of the best managers in the game.

All this time I thought the Angels were competing every year under Scioscia. I have nothing against Dipoto but he chose to quit out of frustration. His ideas are nothing new to baseball. Dipoto may never get another shot at GM and if he does I could careless.

Analytics have been part of Angel baseball before Dipoto's arrival. It's sad that he couldn't find a way to work with one of the best managers in the game.

that's pretty much exactly why it didn't work.  Somehow it was on Dipoto to work on Scioscia's terms.  

I guess signing GMJ and trading Napoli and Rivera for Wells was a solid statistical move to you.