• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think I'm done with this franchise for a bit

Couldn't agree with you more. I had a bunch of articles in work regarding trade decisions and this incident has made me just stop wanting to write. More importantly I really believe we won't follow through on any of them now. We'll be lucky to pick up someone like Adam Lind at this point to be honest.

I want to treat this team like its the late '80s or early '90s and enjoy their mediocrity but I'm at the game right now staring at some POS rally monkey gimmick wondering wtf I'm spending my money on. This organization seems like it's on a path to nowhere. I can see why some people want to take a break.

All I can say is thank god for Trout.

It's been that way for me for a few years.  I'm hoping that if I stay casual for most of the season, I can get more interested and not burned out at the end.  Last season I couldn't last past April before getting burned out.  I think I've watched one game so far this season.  And as most of the old timers know, I used to watch every pitch.  

Hangout, Politics, and other sports forums keep me busy enough now.

Its early.  

But in all seriousness, it really is early.  If youre within a few games at the all star break you always have a shot at winning it all.  I wouldnt say im done with this team until they are likely eliminated from the race.  I cant deny how terrible management is, and that we lose a lot of games because of poor decision making, for example not bunting today with 2 on and no outs.  And that this team constantly makes dumb selfish plays without any repercussions.  If we do anything this year it will be in spite of Mike Scioscia.  

Couldn't agree with you more. I had a bunch of articles in work regarding trade decisions and this incident has made me just stop wanting to write. More importantly I really believe we won't follow through on any of them now. We'll be lucky to pick up someone like Adam Lind at this point to be honest.

I think the trade articles are pretty much wasted time now, ettin...You can forget Lind or anybody else....enjoyed the articles though....

That's the one thing I like about this. There are only a couple guys I would take over Joyce (Harper, Stanton). I prefer the team stays put.

My fear is that Artroscia becomes GM and the legend of Ben Revere begins.

Well that's the thing I'm worried about. Rather than pick up a real impact bat (whether it's Lind, Schwarber, Stanton, blah blah blah) I'm worried they'll acquire some familiar name or some second hand hitter that really won't make a difference. We need a LF who can hit RHP and we need a DH type who can hit RHP.

With Dipoto gone I just don't trust Stoneman to either a) spend the pitching depth we have to acquire a real impact bat or b ) to even spend any of our pitching currency period. We may just limp past the deadline with our hitting as is and that is just unacceptable.

Edited by ettin

I think the trade articles are pretty much wasted time now, ettin...You can forget Lind or anybody else....enjoyed the articles though....

Yeah I agree thanks for the compliment though. As I said before I wrote the articles to show what the possibilities might be and now with Dipoto gone I just feel like all of those possibilities just disappeared.

I hear you Doc. In a way my fandom has been more blase over the last five years or so, spiked up a bit when Trout came along. But when the team began to fall apart in 2010, the disastrous Wells trade, the semi-disastrous signing that was Pujols, than the Hamilton travesty. It has been one major train-wreck after another, nearly on a yearly basis.

It is hard to be psyched about a franchise that has been circling the toilet for more than half a decade now. Dipoto wasn't perfect and made some bad moves (Grichuk/Bourjos) but he was trying to push the organization in the right direction, but kept on being thwarted by Arte's megalomaniacal signings and Scioscia's stubbornness.

That said, I love this frickin team and am in for the long haul. To quote Brokeback Mountain, "I can't quit you."

Well that's the thing I'm worried about. Rather than pick up a real impact bat (whether it's Lind, Schwarber, Stanton, blah blah blah) I'm worried they'll acquire some familiar name or some second hand hitter that really won't make a difference. We need a LF who can hit RHP and we need a DH type who can hit RHP.

With Dipoto gone I just don't trust Stoneman to either a) spend the pitching depth we have to acquire a real impact bat or B) to even spend any of our pitching currency period. We may just limp past the deadline with our hitting as is and that is just unacceptable.

What real bat has Dipoto picked up? 

There has been a lot of whining, bitching, moaning and just plain being spoiled little bitches out of some of you guys but then one small gem comes out of these threads that makes muddling through them actually worthwhile.

Artroscia is so full of win it is hard to believe. Kudos Gradishar, the last person I expected to top Rondons.

Edited by notti

although, I do think a lot of this will blow over.....

those predicting doom for the team and franchise should remember another LA situation not too long ago that was far worse than anything here.

The McCourts drama running the storied Dodgers franchise into the ground -- MLB forces a sale (with McCourt dictating the choice of buyer and sales terms) and after new ownership takes over in a relatively short period of time the franchise is more than back from the brink.

so, if that whole situation could go from nearly hopeless to back to being a top contender in about two years -- the turn around (moving on) for the Halos in this situation should be less than a week.

although, I do think a lot of this will blow over.....

those predicting doom for the team and franchise should remember another LA situation not too long ago that was far worse than anything here.

The McCourts drama running the storied Dodgers franchise into the ground -- MLB forces a sale (with McCourt dictating the choice of buyer and sales terms) and after new ownership takes over in a relatively short period of time the franchise is more than back from the brink.

so, if that whole situation could go from nearly hopeless to back to being a top contender in about two years -- the turn around (moving on) for the Halos in this situation should be less than a week.

So all we need is for Arte to sell the team? That should be easy!