• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think I'm done with this franchise for a bit

Exactly ppl need to realise Scioscia is great manger and our team is few players away cfrom being greatness. If our GM was fired he would have a line up after him.

Btw these stupid threads happened last year too. Ppl need to wait until AFTER ASB great teams don't start well, they FINISH!

Great teams both start and finish well. 4 out of the last 5 years, the Angels started out in a massive hole in the month of April, so big that even in spite of extremely hot finishes they could not quite catch up enough to make the postseason. Last year they were above .500 in April for the first time in many, many years, and ended up with the best overall regular season record. 

That said, ending with the best regular season record is not finishing well -- finishing well means winning in the posteason. Scioscia is a good regular season field manager, but not a very good postseason manager, and not a particularly good general manager. 

Exactly ppl need to realise Scioscia is great manger and our team is few players away cfrom being greatness. If our GM was fired he would have a line up after him.

Btw these stupid threads happened last year too. Ppl need to wait until AFTER ASB great teams don't start well, they FINISH!

Please do not type ppl... I don't think this forum was set up for 11 year old girls to post about what their favorite nail polish color is.

If you typed ppl because you don't know how to spell people, then that's a different matter, so then never mind.

Im on record as saying i hated to see dipoto go, and have my own issues with what happened, but you have to wonder if the recent success is somehow related. Maybe the on fiwld guys were being pushed too much with data and they werent liking it.

Its way too simplistic to look at it that way, but you do have to wonder. Its probably just a coincidence, but how it happened right on top of the offense breaking out is interesting.

Please do not type ppl... I don't think this forum was set up for 11 year old girls to post about what their favorite nail polish color is.

If you typed ppl because you don't know how to spell people, then that's a different matter, so then never mind.......Dick B Back.

Then pick a new screen name that spells Be instead of B.  That's something an 11 year old girl would post.  Of course if you don't know how to spell "be", then never mind. (Don't take it personal Dick, it's tongue in cheek.)

Edited by tomsred

This all bodes well for JD...if the team he put together keeps going the way it is, he will be sought out by a lot of FO's around the league.

Lets hope he doesn't end up with an org in the AL West.. 

Or, FO's around the league might think that teams are better off without him.

Our great manager is an idiot in the postseason and got his ass handed to him by Ned yost last year. That team finished well. Or rather, they were finished

Our great manager is an idiot in the postseason and got his ass handed to him by Ned yost last year. That team finished well. Or rather, they were finished

Yep, he kept throwing up the, "Don't get hits" sign to each of the batters. We lost because the players didn't perform at all. If you want to blame it on having players bunt, go for it, but that isn't the reality of the situation. Aybar and Calhoun are the only hitters that showed up and most of their hits were in the game that we got blown out in.

lol people. Scioscia became a good manager last year when they got Huston Street.

This year, they started winning when Heaney replaced Weaver in the rotation.

Not to mention Santiago being solid, and Gott becoming the 7th inning answer.

I'm not saying MS is bad, but this a joint effort. Look how bright the rotation looks right now. DiPoto deserves a lot of credit.

If you typed ppl because you don't know how to spell people, then that's a different matter, so then never mind.

How do you know what 11 year old girls post about?

lol people. Scioscia became a good manager last year when they got Huston Street.

I'm not saying MS is bad, but this a joint effort. Look how bright the rotation looks right now. DiPoto deserves a lot of credit.

Yes, he also became a lot better when hitters started to hit. Weird how that works.

Moccasin has aptly described water being wet.

It's crazy how some people don't understand that water is wet and the sky is blue.

Baseball managers don't draw up plays, implement formations, or make play calls.

They have little to do with most game outcomes.

Totally agree. The flip argument is that he became a bad manager when hamilton forgot who he was, the bullpen consisted of guys like isringhausen in the 8th inning, and our starting ataff was trotting out guys like blanton and hansen.

He shouldnt so much get credit when guys like trout and the plus pitching ataff succeed, but he also shouldnt get blame when guys like joyce are no better than any in house replacement

Then pick a new screen name that spells Be instead of B. That's something an 11 year old girl would post. Of course if you don't know how to spell "be", then never mind. (Don't take it personal Dick, it's tongue in cheek.)

I'll have you know that my middle initial is B. Dick is just a nickname that I got somehow.