• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think I'm done with this franchise for a bit

Totally agree. The flip argument is that he became a bad manager when hamilton forgot who he was, the bullpen consisted of guys like isringhausen in the 8th inning, and our starting ataff was trotting out guys like blanton and hansen.

He shouldnt so much get credit when guys like trout and the plus pitching ataff succeed, but he also shouldnt get blame when guys like joyce are no better than any in house replacement

I think has some really big flaws and can't stand the way the Dipoto saga played out, but I don't mind him. I also would find it very weird to see another face in that dugout

I'll have you know that my middle initial is B. Dick is just a nickname that I got somehow.

Okay, thank you for the clarification.  Now we know that your middle initial is "B", that someone called you a "Dick" once (for  reason you don't really remember), you know a lot about 11 year old girls, and that you would rather be called Dick, or B, or Back instead of ppl.  Fair enough, that clears everything up. ( Life is so hard.)  Welcome aboard "B".  Lou says "Hi" too.  F**ck it, let's talk baseball.

Totally agree. The flip argument is that he became a bad manager when hamilton forgot who he was, the bullpen consisted of guys like isringhausen in the 8th inning, and our starting ataff was trotting out guys like blanton and hansen.

He shouldnt so much get credit when guys like trout and the plus pitching ataff succeed, but he also shouldnt get blame when guys like joyce are no better than any in house replacement

The main argument for Scioscia being a poor manager is that his teams perform more poorly than they could given the talent at his disposlal, especially in the postseason. Year after year ther Angels under Scioscia would crush teams like the Red Sox in the regular season, then get swept by them in the playoffs due to Scioscia not adapting. Strategies like hyper aggressive baserunning work to rack up cheap wins against teams with poor pitching and/or less than ideal defenders, but that strategy is precisely the wrong thing to do against teams like the KC Royals and other good postseason quality teams.  

Had Scioscia and Bruce Bochy switched places the last 5 years, all else equal, the Angels would have at least one more postseason and likely at least one postseason win. I doubt the Giants would have advanced past the divisional round. 

Edited by ScottLux

So ignore the fact that year in and year out they win more games than they are projected to win, because it doesn't suit your argument. I certainly don't remember the Padres outperforming expectations year in and year out when Bochy was there.

So ignore the fact that year in and year out they win more games than they are projected to win, because it doesn't suit your argument. I certainly don't remember the Padres outperforming expectations year in and year out when Bochy was there.

I have maintained that in general Scioscia is a very good regular season manager (with the 2012 regular season being a rare exception to that). Bochy is an exceptionally good postseason manager, which he never had the opportunity to showcase in San Diego. 

If Trout played like an MVP or if Albert had a decent series last year against KC Scioscia would have looked a lot better. Much like Madison made Bochy look great last year.

My biggest gripes about that series were:

A) inclusion of Josh Hamilton on the postseason roster after a month off due to injury

B) Hamilton being used as as starter, rather than a strict pinch hitter

C) wasting critical outs by having players bunt in front of Hamilton

To be fair A was likely on Arte but B and C are on Scioscia.

The cliff notes version is Doc was going to break up with his best friend because he had a falling out with a friend of a friend but decided he will just take it one day at a time since the "benefits" are better than when it was a larger group and dysfunctional.

I have maintained that in general Scioscia is a very good regular season manager (with the 2012 regular season being a rare exception to that). Bochy is an exceptionally good postseason manager, which he never had the opportunity to showcase in San Diego. 

haha, that is a pretty convenient argument.  Well played.

• 2 weeks later...