• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think I'm done with this franchise for a bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the whole point is that I'm not going anywhere.  But when the team goes 11-23 in the midst of a pennant race, then I can flip the tv off and not worry about it.  

and when they go 17-3 I can enjoy it.  

This is one of the worst stretches I can remember as an Angel fan.  Normally, I'd have watched every inning of every game.  I probably paid attention to about maybe 6-7 games worth of innings over this awful stretch.  

Why?  Because it was time to check out for a bit, and i am glad I did.  

They might turn it around, and that would be great.  Maybe i'll watch.  I'd certainly enjoy that.  

Either way, I think they are rudderless.  A big, expensive sailboat floating at sea.  No sails up.  No map.  Just adrift in no particular direction. 

It's a shame really.  Because it's a nice enough boat and their is plenty of wind.  

oh well.  

the whole point is that I'm not going anywhere. But when the team goes 11-23 in the midst of a pennant race, then I can flip the tv off and not worry about it.

This is one of the worst stretches I can remember as an Angel fan. Normally, I'd have watched every inning of every game. I probably paid attention to about maybe 6-7 games worth of innings over this awful stretch.

Why? Because it was time to check out for a bit, and i am glad I did.

They might turn it around, and that would be great. Maybe i'll watch. I'd certainly enjoy that.

Either way, I think they are rudderless. A big, expensive sailboat floating at sea. No sails up. No map. Just adrift in no particular direction.

It's a shame really. Because it's a nice enough boat and their is plenty of wind.

oh well.

When we lost 8 in a row and got swept by the Red Sox a few years back, that was bad.

But yup I agree.

the whole point is that I'm not going anywhere.  But when the team goes 11-23 in the midst of a pennant race, then I can flip the tv off and not worry about it.  

This is one of the worst stretches I can remember as an Angel fan.  Normally, I'd have watched every inning of every game.  I probably paid attention to about maybe 6-7 games worth of innings over this awful stretch.  

Why?  Because it was time to check out for a bit, and i am glad I did.  

They might turn it around, and that would be great.  Maybe i'll watch.  I'd certainly enjoy that.  

Either way, I think they are rudderless.  A big, expensive sailboat floating at sea.  No sails up.  No map.  Just adrift in no particular direction. 

It's a shame really.  Because it's a nice enough boat and their is plenty of wind.  

oh well.  

The Angels don't have any players I give a **** about. They've been too busy signing outcast declining vets, instead of building up the farm.

with Trout struggling, there is no reason for me to watch unless they start winning again.

When CJ Cron is the best hitting prospect you've developed in almost 4 years, there might be a problem.

And there's nothing in the mid-upper levels on it's way, so we might have to wait another 2-3 years before we see anything resembling an everyday player on the angels.

Edited by Poozy

And they are the likely two to battle for the 2nd WC down the stretch.

We are done for 2015.

On the bright side, with the Twins taking off after Buxton's return, maybe Aaron Hicks is a good club controlled off-season target for LF?

Especially if Moreno is truly steadfast about the luxury tax.

Santiago for Hicks straight up?

Behind Minnesota and Texas for the second wildcard?

Minnesota

And

Texas 

Let that sink in a little, folks...

Really, I don't get why this is a surprise. This team, as it's currently constituted, is...not...good. Plain and simple. This is Mike Trout and the 24 dwarves and lately Mike Trout has just made it number 25. Here's what surprises me and is a testament to MLB having an overall subpar year: The Los Angeles Angels are still, somehow two games over .500. Let THAT sink in. I know they're better than the last month but in their entirety, if we spin it back from April on, I see this roster as a 70 to 75 win team.

Really, I don't get why this is a surprise. This team, as it's currently constituted, is...not...good. Plain and simple. This is Mike Trout and the 24 dwarves and lately Mike Trout has just made it number 25. Here's what surprises me and is a testament to MLB having an overall subpar year: The Los Angeles Angels are still, somehow two games over .500. Let THAT sink in. I know they're better than the last month but in their entirety, if we spin it back from April on, I see this roster as a 70 to 75 win team.

Yep, exactly this.

The offense craps out consistently, save for one 20 game flukey period.

Then the pitching that is young anyway sees one of two veteran starters go down for the year, and caves in from the lack of offense and a crappy front end of the bullpen.

On the bright side, those young starting pitchers are closer to bring able to pitch 200+ innings in 2016.

LF and 2B HAVE to be fixed for 2016, if they are to contend.

Dipoto didn't know jack about offense. If he did, he wound have brought in better position players instead of declining superstars, or at least told Moreno no to Hamilton signing.

Oh, and 2015 = 2003, case closed.

Considering our history of ridiculous trades and signings, my guess is Moreno isn't the type to take no for an answer from any of his GMs.