• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

I don't think anyone is saying that there was only one reason. Just like every action taken in life I'm sure there were many, many reasons. What people are saying is that religion wasn't one of them. At all. Not even a little. That's all.

those people must have brilliant powers of deduction considering his act was perpetrated at a church during a bible study. 

and glen, I am just going off of the fact he chose a church for his act and as I've said before, it may not have anything to do with, I just think it is poor logic to dismiss it out of hand.

those people must have brilliant powers of deduction considering his act was perpetrated at a church during a bible study. 

and glen, I am just going off of the fact he chose a church for his act and as I've said before, it may not have anything to do with, I just think it is poor logic to dismiss it out of hand.

Despite what we've seen in his manifesto, despite all the evidence that points a large, flashing, neon sign at the cause being racism.  You can't seem to let go of the fact that it was at a church because that was where he knew he'd find a large gathering of black people.  Have you seen anything in his published ramblings or anything anyone has said about him, that indicates some sort of religious bias?

Narcissism. He wanted "his story told".

He wanted to be (in)famous

Fair enough.  The main reason was racism, and there were several other reasons as well.  I just think that it being at a church was a coincidence.  If this dude knew there was a gathering of black people somewhere else and he was sure they would be there, he might have picked that place instead.  He just went for the easiest target.

James Holmes must have really hated movies.

James Holmes must have really hated movies.

Despite what we've seen in his manifesto, despite all the evidence that points a large, flashing, neon sign at the cause being racism.  You can't seem to let go of the fact that it was at a church because that was where he knew he'd find a large gathering of black people.  Have you seen anything in his published ramblings or anything anyone has said about him, that indicates some sort of religious bias?

Look, if you guys think that way, fine.  Why in the hell do you care so much if I see it as a possibility?

My God, it happened again yesterday. Two more mass terrorist-like shootings aimed at black people:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/21/us/philadelphia-block-party-shooting/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/21/us/detroit-birthday-party-shooting/

Im going to turn on CNN now to watch their 24 hour coverage of these shootings, as well.

I wonder at which retailer the gunmen legally purchased their firearms. 

My God, it happened again yesterday. Two more mass terrorist-like shootings aimed at black people:

Im going to turn on CNN now to watch their 24 hour coverage of these shootings, as well.

I agree that those stories should get attention, but between them they have zero fatalities.

So when Obama uses the N-word he's not referring to those folks

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/politics/barack-obama-n-word-race-relations-marc-maron-interview/

I dont understand why people are so focused on race here. There are plenty of racist people. And plenty of people who commit crimes based on race. There are even plenty examples of blacks committing race based crimes against whites. This race-based crime just happens to be on a larger scale.

IMO, the bigger issue is the number of causaulties. I don't really care whether the casualties are black, white, Latino, or Jewish - it is terrible no matter what. I think the focus here should be on the victims and their families, not their race or religion.

I agree that those stories should get attention, but between them they have zero fatalities.

Problem is they don't get attention.  And there are plenty of fatalaties to find.  Kids killing kids is one of the greatest tragedies going on and nobody wants to really have a meaningful discussion.

We would rather talk about anything else it seems.  (hyperbole, of course)

I dont understand why people are so focused on race here. There are plenty of racist people. And plenty of people who commit crimes based on race. There are even plenty examples of blacks committing race based crimes against whites. This race-based crime just happens to be on a larger scale.

IMO, the bigger issue is the number of causaulties. I don't really care whether the casualties are black, white, Latino, or Jewish - it is terrible no matter what. I think the focus here should be on the victims and their families, not their race or religion.

I don't think that should stop meaningful discourse about those things though.  We just have a hard time keeping those discussions respectful, which is really the bad part about "using these tragedies". 

We have to learn from killings or other types of tragedies and the only way we will learn is if we actually talk about them.  But when the sides are already drawn it really limits the discussion to insults and platitudes.

I don't think that should stop meaningful discourse about those things though. We just have a hard time keeping those discussions respectful, which is really the bad part about "using these tragedies".

We have to learn from killings or other types of tragedies and the only way we will learn is if we actually talk about them. But when the sides are already drawn it really limits the discussion to insults and platitudes.

I agree. I wasn't referring to board discussion on the issue, I was thinking about the national news and political discussions.

I agree. I wasn't referring to board discussion on the issue, I was thinking about the national news and political discussions.

Well, discussion here is great but it does absolutely nothing.  The real discussion, if it ever happens, will have to be in the media and political discussions because that is how our system is set up to promote change.