• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

My question is if I am in church and people are packing and a shoot out occurs, I get killed by a church members fire, am I collateral damage for Merca or do they face criminal charges?

You have a problem with martyrdom?

My question is if I am in church and people are packing and a shoot out occurs, I get killed by a church members fire, am I collateral damage for Merca or do they face criminal charges? 

They face criminal charges and you're dead.

Hope that helps.

Probably the first white guy from the south promoting arming black people with concealed weapons.

Red, looks like you are wrong and racism is over.

well played...I've always thought maybe that would be the quickest way to gun control...concerted efforts to arm minorities in the south

Absolutely nobody here said that.

So, then you're not blaming Republicans or conservatives for fostering a climate of hate or creating a dangerous situation by allowing people to have guns. 

You think this person was a lone wolf, mentally disturbed, and/or part of a small group not affiliated with any larger group, like the Tea Party, etc.?

Is that a good summary? 

So, then you're not blaming Republicans or conservatives for fostering a climate of hate or creating a dangerous situation by allowing people to have guns. 

You think this person was a lone wolf, mentally disturbed, and/or part of a small group not affiliated with any larger group, like the Tea Party, etc.?

Is that a good summary? 

Excellent job taking down an argument you seemed to be having with yourself.

America's insane gun culture + Southern racism = Charleston

Thanks. When something like this happens, you look at the cultural mileu of the perpetrator and make connections.

Your connections are a regional culture with a history of racism, not necessarily a modern mainstream ideology and people who like guns too much.

We can react to specifics, which is why I asked the question.

Now, we can see if those claims are true. Is there more racial violence in the South? Maybe. I know it was true in the past, when lynching occurred with some frequency.

The gun culture thing is pretty easy to dismiss. Where there 's a culture of guns (hinting, magazines, shows, and other signs of popularity), the gun violence rate is pretty low. Almost all gun violence (not suicide or accidents) occur in urban areas where there's a crime/gang culture.

This nutjob is evidence that there are still people in the South who are continuing to fight the Civil War a century and a half after its definitive conclusion. The battle flag of the Confederacy is still proudly flown in Columbia on the state capitol grounds. There is a different culture down there when it comes to race relations. These things are undeniable.

I recently finished reading a book entitled Better Off Without 'Em: A Northern Manifesto for Southern Secession. It is an interesting and humorous look at Southern culture, attitudes, and education (or lack thereof). One of the takeaways is that racism is alive and well all over the former Confederacy. So is a lack of intelligence. The two are related and very much part of the plan.

All racial/group humor relies on stereotypes, which have varying degrees of truth. I'm sure you would hate to make an invalid generalization. That's why you should find out if the racial attitude you ascribe to Southerners is true. You might unwittingly have just read a hate book.

As you know from the book, southerners interact with other races more frequently than people in Oregon or New York which tend to have less diversity or be more segregated. Considering that greater interaction, can you show statistically that there's more interracial violence in the South.

If there isn't, then your generalization is false.

This nutjob is evidence that there are still people in the South who are continuing to fight the Civil War a century and a half after its definitive conclusion. The battle flag of the Confederacy is still proudly flown in Columbia on the state capitol grounds. There is a different culture down there when it comes to race relations. These things are undeniable.

I recently finished reading a book entitled Better Off Without 'Em: A Northern Manifesto for Southern Secession. It is an interesting and humorous look at Southern culture, attitudes, and education (or lack thereof). One of the takeaways is that racism is alive and well all over the former Confederacy. So is a lack of intelligence. The two are related and very much part of the plan.

All racial/group humor relies on stereotypes, which have varying degrees of truth. I'm sure you would hate to make an invalid generalization. That's why you should find out if the racial attitude you ascribe to Southerners is true. You might unwittingly have just read a hate book.

As you know from the book, southerners interact with other races more frequently than people in Oregon or New York which tend to have less diversity or be more segregated. Considering that greater interaction, can you show statistically that there's more interracial violence in the South.

If there isn't, then your generalization is false.

I live in Colorado and have lived in Oregon and grew up in Southern California. In all of those locations, I have had almost daily interactions with people of other races. I have also lived in Mississippi and Texas, however briefly (in the first case because I was in the military). I have seen the differences first hand.

Based on MY personal experience, and the experience of those people I have interacted with, YOUR generalization is false. But keep trolling, it seems to be not working well for you.

Sorry that you consider asking for evidence, trolling. I'm sure you're a very reliable person with no biases, but statistics show that people in the South live in more integrated neighborhoods. I think that people should verify their statements with facts, don't you?

All you have to do is show that there's more interracial violence, taking interactions into account, in the South and your experience as well as the humor book you read reflects reality.