• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

Funny how you rarely hear of black-on-white crime motivated by race. CNN doesn't have a lot of time for that.

Or even black-on-black gang killings which happen at a depressingly high rate in Chicago.

btw, does anyone remember Colin Ferguson, the black gunman in the 1993 Long Island train massacre? He blamed it on "racism by Caucasians and Uncle Tom Negroes" (his words).  He's serving 318 years to life in a NY prison.

Edited by fan_since79

Obama is the worst, but he wasn't using the "n word" as a slur. He gets a pass on this one.

If one section of society has a problem more acute than another, it's proper to figure out why. Certain demographic groups in the US are hurting right now as far as healthy family formation, violence, and employment. I think those problems are cultural, primarily.

If this Roof guy was symptomatic of a trend, then it would be worthwhile to pursue the issue.

Edited by Juan Savage

I'm not even sure I can find a reference to understand the thinking.  I just don't get it.  It seems embarrassing, shameful and like something you would want to leave in the past.  I don't understand why you would want to celebrate it.  Of course, I also don't understand why blacks use the N word.

There's a lot I don't understand about people. 

Edited by Geoff

Of course, I also don't understand why blacks use N word.

And I don't understand why our black president is besties with a guy who uses that word almost as frequently as he uses "the" in his albums. Makes it hard to take Mr. Obama seriously on the issue.

Holy shit! That's pretty bad, even in 1992.

I'm guessing they were pandering for the gay Hispanic vote with this?

Yeah.  This one is probably worse.  

But hey, R's & D's will do anything to get elected.  Pandering comes with the territory. 

31322_lg.jpeg

To be fair (and we're all about fairness here), these may not have been "official" campaign buttons.  

That said, the state flag of Arkansas sports 25 white stars and four blue ones. In 1987, while serving as governor of Arkansas, Clinton signed a bill affirming that one of those blue stars is there in honor of the Confederate States of America.

So, yeah.  Bill's a racist. 

Allegedly. 

But there is no way to do that currently, without violating doctor/patient confidentiality. If there was, the Aurora shooter would have been tagged as he was undergoing psychiatric treatment at the University of Colorado Hospital (which he had actually worked at as a med student...BTW, that is my hospital).

The government does have a responsibility to its citizens to provide some modicum level of safety. After all, that's what the military is supposed to be for (and was the original intent of the second amendment). The government already does background checks on you when you purchase a gun. If you are pulled over while driving, you have to provide a government-issued ID, as well as government-mandated auto insurance and proof that you have registered the car...with the government. So the government already knows where you live, what car you drive, and what insurance company you have. They do this for your safety and protection.

But what rights do they violate? Right to privacy is not guaranteed by the Constitution.

This situation is starting to change.  Might even lead to allowing doctors to someday report these obvious threats... 

http://www.jaapl.org/content/34/3/338.full

I couldn't bear much more after page 10, so I skipped to here.  Sorry...

As a Conservative I rarely agree with much being reported on CNN, but this seems pretty comprehensive.  Somebody posted the idiotic video of the three FOX news fools rushing to judgement; ALL news outlets do this from time to time.  Just watch the next pursuit, and listen to them "predicting" why the suspect is fleeing.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/19/us/charleston-church-shooting-suspect/index.html

This guy is one of many self-made nut jobs.  There are many more out there unfortunately, and hopefully his insane "bravery" doesn't prompt them into action.  The bottom line is that this country needs to act on all the red-flags, before the nut takes action: 1.  He made his intentions known. 2.  He had the means to carry them out.  3.  He may have been under the influence enough to push himself into action.  For me, the first two would have been enough to get somebody's attention.

To be fair (and we're all about fairness here), these may not have been "official" campaign buttons.

From everything I have been able to find, these were not made for or issued by the Clinton Gore campaign. The official buttons were made in union shops and had a union seal along the edge. These don't have that.