• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

My mom is from Mississippi and I have spent time in the south and have plenty of relatives there still. I can't understand why the heritage they want to hold onto is that of a war their great, great, great grandfathers lost. If that's the best they can do then they should be greatly disappointed in the 5 generations that followed.

I have ancestors who were Confederate soldiers and slave owners. It is an undeniable part of history, but not one that I point to with pride. Times change, attitudes change and we progress. Confederate memorabilia should be displayed in museums, but flying the Confederate battle flag in city and state parks has long since become irrelevant and counterproductive. It represents a time in our history that we have (or should have) moved on from. Nazi memorabilia is displayed in Germany, but only in museums. You don't see swastika flags flying in public parks.

Statistics don't support your personal experience. At the lower levels of education, you get more of a mix. But the education establishment-teacher schools- are thoroughly liberal. Professors in the soft sciences and arts are thoroughly liberal. You might get more of a mix in economics or the sciences. 

I LOVE the liberal media argument. The left leaning public education conspiracy is failing miserably as young people DO NOT make it to the polls. FACT.

Had more out and proud GWB backers for teachers than save the earth liberals. Even in college I had as many right wing as left wing professors. Hell, people who graduate are as likely to vote republican as they are democrat.

Crawl out of your bomb shelter. There is no us against them, it's just US getting screwed them.   

I'm not from the South, but the outrage isn't entirely rational. Communists killed many more people than black slavery and enslaved not just a part, but their whole populations, yet I saw a hat with a red star in a store two days ago, people still read Mao and Marx, PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM admire Ho Chi Minh, and, of course, the Che T-shirts. 

So, I'm not really for the flag, but this has a lot of myside/yourside and fashion to it and not enough, "let's look at which symbols mean oppression."

I'm not from the South, but the outrage isn't entirely rational. Communists killed many more people than black slavery and enslaved not just a part, but their whole populations, yet I saw a hat with a red star in a store two days ago, people still read Mao and Marx, PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM admire Ho Chi Minh, and, of course, the Che T-shirts. 

So, I'm not really for the flag, but this has a lot of myside/yourside and fashion to it and not enough, "let's look at which symbols mean oppression."

You see a lot of government buildings flying the old hammer and sickle?

As you know, the anti flag paranoia has spread to retail outlets.

Way to answer the question.

I bet if you searched, you could find statistics about how many government buildings fly the communist flag.

Specifically, which people on this forum admire Ho Chi Minh?

You are parading as an intelectual with the argument of an idiot.

Many leftists admire Castro and Hugo Chavez, before Chavez died. Before that, many admired Stalin, Mao, Che, Lenin, etc. All murderers and people who enslaved whole nations (Leftist: Oh, yeah, but all were enslaved equally, regardless of race). Chomsky admired Pol Pot, or at least defended him as he killed a third of his nation. 

I think the Confederate battle flag belongs in a historical museum, not flying on any state or federal government property. To me, this flag means two things:

1) A hearkening back to the "peculiar institution" that enslaved an identifiable race, an institution that was responsible for the deaths of millions of people, while enslaved in this country, in transport to this country, and in the wars between African tribes that led to many human beings captured and sold into slavery. And yes, I know it wasn't just Americans who condoned this. However, the US was among the last nations in the world to outlaw the institution, and it took the conclusion of an armed insurrection to do so.

2) The Confederate flag is a symbol of armed insurrection against the duly elected government of the United States, one that cost hundreds of thousands of lives. It is a flag of traitors. It is my heartfelt opinion that anyone who flies the flag is committing an act of treason.

Any so-called "patriot" who also supports the flying of this flag is not a patriot. He or she is a traitor.