• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

-- The suspect in the shooting is a clean-shaven white man in his 20s, with a slender build, police say.

Several people were killed in a shooting at a historic African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, a source close to the investigation told CNN.

Enough. We live in a violent country with a lot of sick and racist people. How are MORE guns the answer?

I'm sorry, there are just some people who should not be able to buy guns.

I'm sure that's not a popular opinion, but I no longer give a flying ****.

STFU

Guns aren't the problem here. The issue is the racist idiotic POS behind everything. The issue is the person who has so much hatred in his heart that he is willing take the lives of 9 people away from them.

I'm guessing that if this guy was required to have some kind of psychiatric examination prior to obtaining his firearm, it might have triggered a red flag or two. Just like it would have with the Aurora theater shooter. Perhaps that should be part of the background check.

IMO, the second amendment was written in a time and place that had certain assumptions that are no longer valid. We haven't had a "well-regulated militia" for over a century, since the creation of the National Guard (which has its own armories). Also, at the time the Bill of Rights was written, the only "arms" that were available where breech-loaded muskets (and pistols), rifles, and cannon. Things have changed.

The first amendment has certain restrictions where safety is concerned. For instance, you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater. We have to look at the second amendment with the same logic.

STFU

Guns aren't the problem here. The issue is the racist idiotic POS behind everything. The issue is the person who has so much hatred in his heart that he is willing take the lives of 9 people away from them.

STFU? really? That's your reaction to someone suggesting that near limitless access to guns may be a contributing factor to situations such as this?

Tragedy, terrible situation.

Do any of you really think a guy like this would not have obtained a firearm illegally if he was unable to obtain one legally?  BTW, I absolutely support a psychiatric examination in order to purchase a firearm but anyone is naive to think this guy would not have obtained a gun in another way.  He obviously is a messed up mother ****er who wanted to kill out of hate.  

Do any of you really think a guy like this would not have obtained a firearm illegally if he was unable to obtain one legally?  BTW, I absolutely support a psychiatric examination in order to purchase a firearm but anyone is naive to think this guy would not have obtained a gun in another way.  He obviously is a messed up mother ****er who wanted to kill out of hate.  

But why make it easier for him?

If it is true that his father gave him the gun and his father was aware he had a mental illness, then the father should be held liable too right?

I realize that this is 100% speculative but when you give a crazy man the tools to kill you should be held accountable.

Edited by nate

And to those of you who so strongly argue that "guns aren't the problem," do you think this guy would have been able to kill 9 people if he was armed only with a screw driver? Or a baseball bat?

No but if he wanted to hurt and/or kill a large number of people he could do so without a gun.  Plenty of wackadoos out there own guns legally, have passed background checks and could pass psych checks.     

And to those of you who so strongly argue that "guns aren't the problem," do you think this guy would have been able to kill 9 people if he was armed only with a screw driver? Or a baseball bat?

Not that hard to do.  A bunch of cans of gasoline, laundry detergent, and blocking the exits during sunday mass, and you could kill hundreds.  Dynamite, and a bunch of ball bearings can do the same trick.  Someone trained in how to use a sword can get to 9 also, see China where a group killed 28 and injured 113.  Hell a wako driving a car on Santa Monica can kill that many and just gets you probation.  

This is like the pit bull argument.  Guns are bad, pit bulls are bad.  While other dog breeds and other methods are used all the time.  Yet the trigger word is guns.

Or a van filled with fertilizer?

Evil will always find a way.

This is, as it always has been, no reason not to do whatever we can to stop it.

It is like saying I shouldn't work hard because the company I work for could get bought tomorrow and we all could get laid off.

We must strive to be better.

Edited by nate

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/18/everything-known-about-charleston-church-shooting-suspect-dylann-roof.html

The red flags were certainly there.

Our country was founded on free speech as it should have so it is hard to look at these things and wonder why nothing was done.  Wish something could have been done though.  Giving someone like that a gun seems like a very bad choice.  It is likely that his parents agree with the same nonsense he does though.