• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

We should make sure we're on the same page with our rural slur lexicon.

Hillbillies are of course those from the hills of the Ozarks and southern Appalachians. Coal miners and moonshiners. NASCAR originators

Rednecks worked the cotton fields thus had the sunburned neck to go with it. Heart of Dixie and the like

Hick is the catchall for unsophisticated and less educated country folks. Bumpkin can be substituted for the sake of variety.

Then there's Texas and Florida who are worlds unto themselves

And don't forget about Californians.  Although there are several subsets of this group, from Hippies, to Surfers, to Valley, to Tech Geeks, to Adubers.

Relevant to nothing, I think the flag in question is one of the coolest looking flags around and I can see why they would choose it as their symbol. I also think most of them prefer to think of it as a symbol of being a rebel and not a racist.

That said, there has to be a more current and appropriate symbol of southern heritage.

agree on the heritage symbol being one of rebellion.

also agree that the confederate flags are good looking flags. i also like the flag of north korea. go figure.

I think you actually are allowed to refuse to provide your personal services to a gay wedding if you have an objection.

This wedding cake/bakery thing I don't know what happened there.  If you have a bakery and there are cakes on the shelf you can't refuse to sell one to a gay person, that would be discrimination.

But if you're a photographer or musician or somebody who provides services to weddings, you can refuse I believe.

I think that's going to be the next thing, religious liberty.  Do people have the freedom to not participate in something that runs contrary to their religious beliefs.  Anyway that's being covered in a different thread.

I think that's going to be the next thing, religious liberty.  Do people have the freedom to not participate in something that runs contrary to their religious beliefs.  Anyway that's being covered in a different thread.

you are absolutely correct.

remember the state legislator in arizona a few months ago who talked about requiring americans to return to church and get back to the values of the 1950s so we could be a better nation? i'm telling you, it's coming, and it's not going to be pretty.

We should make sure we're on the same page with our rural slur lexicon.

Hillbillies are of course those from the hills of the Ozarks and southern Appalachians. Coal miners and moonshiners. NASCAR originators

Rednecks worked the cotton fields thus had the sunburned neck to go with it. Heart of Dixie and the like

Hick is the catchall for unsophisticated and less educated country folks. Bumpkin can be substituted for the sake of variety.

Then there's Texas and Florida who are worlds unto themselves

My ex called me and my family slackjaws.  My family is from Arkansas.

It depends on the state. If the state says that you can't discriminate against gays, warm up that oven and crack those eggs or you'll be fined. Some states allow people to discriminate based on gayness.

I think you actually are allowed to refuse to provide your personal services to a gay wedding if you have an objection.

This wedding cake/bakery thing I don't know what happened there. If you have a bakery and there are cakes on the shelf you can't refuse to sell one to a gay person, that would be discrimination.

But if you're a photographer or musician or somebody who provides services to weddings, you can refuse I believe.

It's not good to associate a time period with ideals as time periods are a mixed bag.its better to just name what you're talking about.

For example, "We need adults to commit more deeply to a spouse and the children that result. We need a culture that generally promotes beauty and decency.

you are absolutely correct.

remember the state legislator in arizona a few months ago who talked about requiring americans to return to church and get back to the values of the 1950s so we could be a better nation? i'm telling you, it's coming, and it's not going to be pretty.

Edited by Juan Savage