• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

For the record, since I would never, in a million years pay to join any right-wing, left-wing, any-wing blog, I can't access the article.

However, if it is true that good ol' Mike knowingly spoke to a white supremicist group, then that is a bummer. I would never vote for him anyways because he is a hawk and too interested in what people do in their own homes. Whether it be sex, drugs or anything else.

Not a pay site or even a subscribe site. Not sure why you're unable to access. Edited by the dude abides

I'm sure some people label them that, like you

I'm also sure there are plenty of people that don't.

I don't agree with their politicizing of things I believe are heart matters, I don't believe that institutes of man are the correct vehicles to spread the gospel, I don't believe that the message much of what they communicate helps them reach the goals I believe they have either.

I will let other folks define them.  I just don't agree with them.

Fair enough.  The main reason was racism, and there were several other reasons as well.  I just think that it being at a church was a coincidence.  If this dude knew there was a gathering of black people somewhere else and he was sure they would be there, he might have picked that place instead.  He just went for the easiest target.

Being at the church wasn't a coincidence. The church was historically significant for the black community and the fight against slavery and racial oppression. Just like black churches were significant symbols in the 50's and 60's.

Any attempt at trying to link this to anything remotely anti-christian is just trying to muddy the waters or the worlds worst persecution complex

Confederate flags belong in museums and national park battlefields. Not within the local, state, or federal government.

Why would you fly a flag of treason and hatred in national park battlefields? They don't fly the Japanese or Nazi flags in WWII memorials do they?

Why would you fly a flag of treason and hatred in national park battlefields? They don't fly the Japanese or Nazi flags in WWII memorials do they?

I think the difference is clear though red.  The Civil War is the most important point of this country's history (save its conception).  Family vs. family, Amercian vs. American.  We lost a generation of young men to that war.  It is still important to recognize this.  I'm fine with getting rid of and semblance of the confederate flag as representations of states.  But let us not get so carried away with this that we take down all reminders.

Disagree mt. Although I will say I don't feel very strongly about this flag topic one way or the other. But if I had to choose a side...

The Confederates were the POS racist little dicks who fought a war to keep the ability to enslave and force labor from individuals (of a particular race, as white slaves would, as we all know, be supremely unsavory and unbecoming of a developed nation) for their entire lives based solely on the reasoning that life would be harder for them if they didn't. And then they lost that war. Pardon me if I don't show outrage when we decide to not celebrate that segment of "our" history.

Amazing how quickly this has changed from a gun control debate to a stupid flag debate.

There is too much emphasis on flags, IMO. I will never have a need to burn or jump up and down on an American flag and just say F'n idiots when someone does it.  I move on 10 minutes later. 

To me the Confederate flag only stands for more of an F you. It can go. Now they are talking about statues at University's and parks in the south having to go.  To me if you want to go to a civil war park and get a picture with the statue of Samuel L. Jackson or whatever these guys names were, leave it be. 

All this seems more quick fix and not deal with the real issues until something happens again.  Don't get me wrong, take it down but don't make more crazies come out of the woods at the same time. 

I believe for Japan, they have just the one flag.  Have since before WWII.  The flag you may think of is the military flag.  Which I believe they still use today by the navy.  

Interestingly.  I don't know if you all know this.  But the swaztica (sp) is still used worldwide.  It has been a symbol for Buddhist temples since well before the nazi's (like B.C. before) and is still used today.  

I think that there are hate groups, but some organizations that label groups are ideologically driven and completely unreliable. The SPLC is one example. 

Remember, I said that the single most effective left strategy is labeling opponents as hateful or crazy. The FACT that most media and education is left-leaning makes this job easy. 

Edited by Juan Savage

You can take down the Confederate flag if you want but there will still be racists and racism.  I think this is more about stripping the South of its identity, sort of a social cleansing of the U.S.

Kind of a cool flag though I always liked the design of it.

By the way, Jefferson owned slaves so we should probably go ahead and blow this up:

Thomas_Jefferson_Memorial.JPG

Disagree mt. Although I will say I don't feel very strongly about this flag topic one way or the other. But if I had to choose a side...

The Confederates were the POS racist little dicks who fought a war to keep the ability to enslave and force labor from individuals (of a particular race, as white slaves would, as we all know, be supremely unsavory and unbecoming of a developed nation) for their entire lives based solely on the reasoning that life would be harder for them if they didn't. And then they lost that war. Pardon me if I don't show outrage when we decide to not celebrate that segment of "our" history.

The people who were leading them were for sure.  But if you have somehow convinced yourself that every man that fought that war on the side of the south had the exact same reasoning I think that is false.  That would be like thinking that every 18 year old german who fought in WWII were goose stepping Nazis.

I guess I'm okay with the US Flag flying at US/Tribal battleground sites but I know of some who probably wouldn't be.

(Not picking on Red but a side effect it seems to criticizing the Stars and Bars is a white washing of the Stars and Stripes.)