• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

Your method is certainly more convenient because you don't have to do any research, and it creates less cognitive dissidence, which can cause sadness. But sometimes, people who solely rely on personal experience succumb to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I prefer real statistics.

I live in Colorado and have lived in Oregon and grew up in Southern California. In all of those locations, I have had almost daily interactions with people of other races. I have also lived in Mississippi and Texas, however briefly (in the first case because I was in the military). I have seen the differences first hand.

Based on MY personal experience, and the experience of those people I have interacted with, YOUR generalization is false. But keep trolling, it seems to be not working well for you.

Edited by Juan Savage

Your method is certainly more convenient because you don't have to do any research, and it creates less cognitive dissidence, which can cause sadness. But sometimes, people who solely rely on personal experience succumb to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I prefer real statistics.

Interesting that you get your research from Wikipedia. If that's where you get "evidence", I doubt we have anything further to discuss.

You know what's more interesting is that what you said isn't true. My definition of your logical fallacy is from Wikipedia. My discussion of southern versus northern integration is a news article from a neutral source.

You diminish all of us all by thinking that this tactic would make up for your lack of facts.

Interesting that you get your research from Wikipedia. If that's where you get "evidence", I doubt we have anything further to discuss.

The suspect has said he wanted to start a race war. Still FOX News and Republicans (including the presidential candidates) are claiming this is a war on Christians. Why is it so hard for conservatives to acknowledge racism in this country?

Is everyone on Fox saying that or just some random person? The only candidate is see saying some thing like that is Graham and he isn't very popular amongst conservatives.

The suspect has said he wanted to start a race war. Still FOX News and Republicans (including the presidential candidates) are claiming this is a war on Christians. Why is it so hard for conservatives to acknowledge racism in this country?

Is everyone on Fox saying that or just some random person? The only candidate is see saying some thing like that is Graham and he isn't very popular amongst conservatives.

Remember when people on this forum denied they were talking about conservatives? Good times.

OK, so now that we know that the only interest people have in this incident is to bash conservatives (remember how the interest in Gabby Giffords dissipated when the shooter was some atheist loon?), let's go over some things. .

1. Southern culture is responsible. There's no evidence that interracial crime is any worse in the South, despite greater number of interactions between races in the South. One poster said he lived in Oregon and Texas and that the people in Texas were more racist. Another read a book making fun of Southerners.

2. Gun Culture. People who love guns don't commit much gun crime. Almost all gun crime is urban gangs.

3. I have not heard any conservative deny the racism involved. I've heard everybody decry how evil this guy is and how he deserves the death penalty.

Why do people lie about the situation? Because the most effective technique leftists have is demonizing the opposition. Calling Republicans racist and getting minorities to believe it has been the single most successful American political strategy of all time.

Edited by Juan Savage

One or two people on this board, and talking about things that happened well after you asked your question multiple times. Evidently, that equals the only interest people have in the incident.

But hey, don't let that stop you from going off on another bizarre tangent.

I was talking to people wanting to make a political point. If that's not you, then don't worry about it.

One or two people on this board, and talking about things that happened well after you asked your question multiple times. Evidently, that equals the only interest people have in the incident.

But hey, don't let that stop you from going off on another bizarre tangent.

Looks like authorities found a manifesto describing how he was going to start a race war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/us/dylann-storm-roof-photos-website-charleston-church-shooting.html?_r=1

Crazy stuff. I get that there are people that probably agree with him but it's crazy to think someone could actually carry It out. Edited by Angels N Skins