• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

He picked one of the most historically significant black churches in Charleston...and it wasn't because of the denomination. I've posted a few articles on the history of the church, and it's significance to the black community. The language he used..."raping our women"...is eerily similar to the language used by the KKK to justify their racism

http://werehistory.org/american-domestic-terrorism

In 1889, the threat of a new Republican administration to mount a federal defense of black voting brought a new construction to the idea of the corruption of government. A new generation of white Democrats worried far less about political than about social issues. They insisted that black men must not vote because if they voted, they would take local political offices. This would give them patronage power, for in the nineteenth century, local positions depended on the goodwill of local politicians. Black men would, for example, become school principals. There, they would use their power to hire teachers to force young innocent white girls to have sex with them in exchange for jobs. This political exchange very quickly turned to the idea that black political power meant widespread rape. By the early twentieth century, lynching black men was almost a civic duty for white citizens: only by purging the government of black voices could the nation be made safe.

It could be or it could be a little more complicated than that. The fact is he chose a church.

I'm not saying that it was for sure but to simply dismiss it seems a bit of shallow thinking to me.

So, possible Christian persecution here at home? Lolz please, it was all about the color of their skin.

So, possible Christian persecution here at home? Lolz please, it was all about the color of their skin.

don't be disrespectful, I don't think I'm that way to you.

Motivations are rarely as simple as you are making it.  They are millions of racists out there, very, very few actually kill anyone.

don't be disrespectful, I don't think I'm that way to you.

Motivations are rarely as simple as you are making it. They are millions of racists out there, very, very few actually kill anyone.

Fair enough. Guys like him clearly have no conscience and would have clung to some sort of evil ideology no matter where he came from.

Fair enough. Guys like him clearly have no conscience and would have clung to some sort of evil ideology no matter where he came from.

Absolutely and it is obvious his main idealogy was white supremacy.

Dude is as evil as they get and I'm sure mentally ill.  He will be found guilty and put on death row.  I'm not a fan of the death penalty but the one good thing for that is he wont be put in general population and there get pats on the back from white supremacists in prison or get to join their deluded ranks.

I'm a con and I agree with him. It was a terrorist attack. He talks about racial wounds that won't heal. He's right and they won't ever. I think it's human nature for there to be hate. We see it all over the planet an in extremes too.

Absolutely and it is obvious his main idealogy was white supremacy.

Dude is as evil as they get and I'm sure mentally ill.  He will be found guilty and put on death row.  I'm not a fan of the death penalty but the one good thing for that is he wont be put in general population and there get pats on the back from white supremacists in prison or get to join their deluded ranks.

Look at the guy. He'll get the shower treatment the guy on American History X got.

Would you say that this shooting reflects poorly on conservatives?

No.  What does this have to do with conservatives?

It does reflect poorly on people who are already asserting that the killer was looking for Christians.  That's not directed at MT, who is saying that religion may have had something to do with it.  I understand that, even while disagreeing with it.  It's directed at people who are trying to completely ignore what seems to be the obvious component of the attack, that it was a "black" church.

So, the take away from this incident is to reflect on the sad state of affairs of the Republican party- too conservative.

Thanks. And, for the record, you're a liberal. Do we need to continue this thread?

Good question Juan. No I do not think so because the GOP left being true conservatives and became whack jobs. It reflects poorly on the whack jobs in this country.

Edited by Juan Savage

Seeing a few things on my Facebook feed calling out Fox News And Lindsey Graham for saying the shooter wasn't racially motivated, he was targeting Christians.

You can't make this shit up.

but probably somebody did

So, the take away from this incident is to reflect on the sad state of affairs of the Republican party- too conservative.

Thanks. And, for the record, you're a liberal. Do we need to continue this thread?

For the record I wasn't a liberal until the nuts started being beamed down.  Do we need to continue?