• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charleston church shooting: Multiple fatalities in South Carolina, source says

So, I was right. By asking the question, I saved three pages of thumb sucking.

Do you agree with them that this incident is the result of the gun culture/southern culture/conservative rhetoric or is this boy not representative of that?

One or two people on this board, and talking about things that happened well after you asked your question multiple times. Evidently, that equals the only interest people have in the incident.

But hey, don't let that stop you from going off on another bizarre tangent.

Edited by Juan Savage

You are pointing out that this isn't representative of the views of all Southern citizens and chastising people for generalizing and laying blame to a whole group for the actions of a few.

THEN you are using the words of a select few to try to connect this event with some kind of non-existent wide-spread belief among liberals that conservative America is full of murderous racists.

How do you see the sample size argument in the first group but not in the second? Do you believe a majority of liberals believe that most people in the South enjoy murdering blacks?

EDIT - I reread the thread. No one blamed Conservatives at all. You wanted them to. You asked multiple times. And no one did. Kurt made a joke about how the Republican party sucks. Maybe that was your fuel? The persecution complex is strong with you, though.

Edited by HaloMagic

Is everyone on Fox saying that or just some random person? The only candidate is see saying some thing like that is Graham and he isn't very popular amongst conservatives.

There are others. Rick Santorum called it "an assault on our religious liberty". Jeb Bush dodged the question by saying that he didn't know what was on the mind of the shooter - even though documented evidence shows that his motivation was purely racial.

That wasn't directed at anyone here. At this point, we have no choice but to accept that race was the only motivation.

IMO, I agree, this was all about race.  

But legally, IMO, terror is probably the best course of action.  Because with terrorist, you can go patriot act, or war on terror and really can lock him up forever for no reason and take your time with prosecuting.  With racist, you could pull the society drove him to this, or that he has a disability, or some other reason that has worked before in the courts.  All you need is 1 to believe this is a legitimate excuse, and 1 is too many.  

So, I was right. By asking the question, I saved three pages of thumb sucking.

Do you agree with them that this incident is the result of the gun culture/southern culture/conservative rhetoric or is this boy not representative of that?

Dude, you could say that 3+3=4 and have it pointed out that you are wrong, and you'd follow the correction up with "so I was right." You're oblivious to anything that doesn't fit it your narrative and you're even more closed-minded than the liberals you decry.

Dude, you could say that 3+3=4 and have it pointed out that you are wrong, and you'd follow the correction up with "so I was right." You're oblivious to anything that doesn't fit it your narrative and you're even more closed-minded than the liberals you decry.

I asked you a question. Do you think this is a lone incident or indicative or something larger? What is that something larger? 

Maybe I was imagining things, then. Nobody blames this on a larger movement. The boy's actions were caused by his own demons or a very small subgroup of race haters that isn't tied to mainstream cultural trends. Is that right? 

You are pointing out that this isn't representative of the views of all Southern citizens and chastising people for generalizing and laying blame to a whole group for the actions of a few.

THEN you are using the words of a select few to try to connect this event with some kind of non-existent wide-spread belief among liberals that conservative America is full of murderous racists.

How do you see the sample size argument in the first group but not in the second? Do you believe a majority of liberals believe that most people in the South enjoy murdering blacks?

EDIT - I reread the thread. No one blamed Conservatives at all. You wanted them to. You asked multiple times. And no one did. Kurt made a joke about how the Republican party sucks. Maybe that was your fuel? The persecution complex is strong with you, though.

Again, black and white with you.

The boys actions were definitely caused by his own demons. Maybe 1 of our thousands of board members would disagree with that. You are making it seem like every liberal board member is up in arms over that assertion. Everyone agrees his own personal demons are what led to these murders. But is it not entirely possible that he was influenced by the cultural and social trends in his area? And is it not entirely possible that those trends are trending downward and have been for decades? And is that a possible explanation for why most people in the area don't have viewpoints as strong as him?

Why is it always either/or?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Are you aware that you constantly and consistently make the same type of logical fallacies that you were rallying against earlier?

Again, black and white with you.

The boys actions were definitely caused by his own demons. Maybe 1 of our thousands of board members would disagree with that. You are making it seem like every liberal board member is up in arms over that assertion. Everyone agrees his own personal demons are what led to these murders. But is it not entirely possible that he was influenced by the cultural and social trends in his area? And is it not entirely possible that those trends are trending downward and have been for decades? And is that a possible explanation for why most people in the area don't have viewpoints as strong as him?

Why is it always either/or?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Are you aware that you constantly and consistently make the same type of logical fallacies that you were rallying against earlier?

I'm glad this is the case. I must admit that my opinions are colored by my experience and left-leaning blogs and sites. 

Edited by Juan Savage

IMO, I agree, this was all about race.  

But legally, IMO, terror is probably the best course of action.  Because with terrorist, you can go patriot act, or war on terror and really can lock him up forever for no reason and take your time with prosecuting.  With racist, you could pull the society drove him to this, or that he has a disability, or some other reason that has worked before in the courts.  All you need is 1 to believe this is a legitimate excuse, and 1 is too many.

Didn't the Patriot Act expire? I could have sworn we've already replaced it with some new and improved goose stepping regulation.

I'm not sure I find which sadder, Juan having an argument with mostly himself or many here wanting things to be so black and white that there can only be one reason this loser did what he did. 

Its 100% racism because that makes you sleep a little easier at night.

Didn't the Patriot Act expire? I could have sworn we've already replaced it with some new and improved goose stepping regulation.

Yes it did expire.  Then they passed the USA Freedom act a day later.  Only difference was the mass collection of phone stuff.  Which would need a federal court to approve.  Other than that, all the other infringements are alive and well.

I'm not sure I find which sadder, Juan having an argument with mostly himself or many here wanting things to be so black and white that there can only be one reason this loser did what he did.

What are the other reasons he did it, besides racism?

I don't think anyone is saying that there was only one reason. Just like every action taken in life I'm sure there were many, many reasons. What people are saying is that religion wasn't one of them. At all. Not even a little. That's all.