• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-josh-hamilton-comeback-20150226-story.html

(flashback to October 5th)

...to the question of what the Angels might reasonably expect from him for the 2015 season, Hamilton shrugged, offering only a weary smile.

"Who knows?" he said. "What do you think, I'm a fortune teller?"

I wish Josh and his family nothing but the best.  I hope that he is able to get clean, get clear and get on with his life.  I hope that his family is able to (once again) rally around him, support him, forgive him and move forward.  

I also wish Josh would gracefully remove himself from the game of baseball, and the Angels organization.  He has made enough money to support himself and his family for several lifetimes.  Time has proven that the travel and trappings that come with being a Major Leaguer Baseball player are just not healthy for him.  He needs to stay away to give himself the best chance of staying clean, and thereby be a good father and husband to his family.  

Peace & strength to you Josh.  Now, go away.  Go get healthy and stay healthy.  You owe it to your wife and girls.  

t's true man. I've quit smoking as well, and have seen family members fight through  other forms of addiction.  It's on the person being weak minded when you see someone relapse. This guy knows he needs to stay clean more than anyone else in the world yet he's still not strong enough mentally to do it. I don't feel sorry for this guy very much at all. I feel sorry for his family and that we have to deal with his baggage another 3 years. This is worse than having Wells. At least Wells wasn't an endless distraction. This guy is just a total disaster

Both you guys have quit smoking so know far more about quitting than I did. So I have some questions for both of you. Once you decided to quit the first time you never had another cigarette after that? Is it possible you had more natural ability to quit? Like maybe it's possible that Josh Hamilton thinks you're weak minded for not being able to hit home runs off MLB pitching. He's done it hundreds of times why can't you do it? Maybe you didn't work hard enough and were a loser. He's seen plenty of guys he used to play with not work as hard as he did and fall off and not make the show. If you had tried harder and were stronger mentally you would have made millions of dollars playing in MLB. Not working hard is costing you millions of dollars. Perhaps a better example for people who believe it is a disease is cancer patients. Some will beat it with chemo therapy and others will die. It doesn't mean chemo doesn't work or that the patient was weak it was just the cancer was different in their body than it the other person's. Maybe Josh needs a different treatment option or maybe just more of the same. Maybe he is mentally weak but maybe he just has a more addictive body than most just like he has a more athletic body than most.

Josh will be fine ... he has already taken the necessary steps as a addict to recovery. He'll be a addict for the rest of his life. To believe he would never have a relapse during his tenure as a Angel was being overly optimistic. There is no reason to feel sorry for him or his family.

This isn't the end of the world for Josh and his family. His faith and family will keep him on the straight and narrow. The important thing is to keep his relapse to a minimal and get help immediately which he seems to have done.

Edited by Troll Daddy

I wish Josh the best as addiction is nasty.  If you've ever been to a meeting for yourself or anyone else and heard someone at AA or NA talk it's pretty eye opening and not something people can easily overcome.

That said from a contract perspective this is one of the things I dislike about the fully guaranteed contracts in MLB and the NBA.  I realize it's the nature of the beast so to speak but it's still ridiculous to me that contracts are fully guaranteed.  I'm not saying that because I think he should be cut but rather because in this situation teams don't seem to have much protection (insurance for injury aside) while the players do.    

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

I'm struggling with this notion that somehow its baseball that is making Hamilton relapse.  Seems to me this one at least happened in the off-season.

Personally, I think some of you are transferring your desire for Josh not to be on the team into thinking that is what is best for Josh.

Truthfully, none of us know what is best for him beyond not relapsing again. 

I'm not sure the team is better with or without him this season, I'm not sure what will happen to his contract. 

I'm struggling with this notion that somehow its baseball that is making Hamilton relapse.  Seems to me this one at least happened in the off-season.

Personally, I think some of you are transferring your desire for Josh not to be on the team into thinking that is what is best for Josh.

Truthfully, none of us know what is best for him beyond not relapsing again. 

I'm not sure the team is better with or without him this season, I'm not sure what will happen to his contract. 

I know the Angels don't have to pay him during any suspension. Honestly it may benefit the Angels so Scioscia can't keep trotting him out there in the clean up spot when he's mired in an 0-30 slump. Even though I don't think is a good ball player anymore I pray that he is able to overcome this issue for the sake of his family.

Is the cocaine why he has been playing so shitty

I think he should be drug tested every week and if it comes back positive for any unapproved drugs then fine his ass and bench the sucker.

The Angel's are paying him to play baseball and not let things go to his head and start doing drugs.

What a waste.

Josh will be fine ... he has already taken the necessary steps as a addict to recovery. He'll be a addict for the rest of his life. To believe he would never have a relapse during his tenure as a Angel was being overly optimistic. There is no reason to feel sorry for him or his family.

This isn't the end of the world for Josh and his family. His faith and family will keep him on the straight and narrow. The important thing is to keep his relapse to a minimal and get help immediately which he seems to have done.

For once, I agree with Troll Daddy. 

He's already being tested three times a week

Which doesn't make any sense.

cocaine would have stayed in his system long enough to test positive by I'm assuming the organization. If he is really tested 3 times a week still.

so did he test positive then go to the mlb on his own?