• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

Like I said, I get it and it's the expected posters.

As you mentioned, we've been around long enough and I know when threads slide in a certain direction or tone quite a few don't post because of the mass backlash. Just paving the way for others with differing opinions to interject since we have the gang mentality here.

I'm sure there are some terrific recovery boards that can satisfy your wishes.

Seriously? You think he didn't want to be there to celebrate with his teammates?

I commend the guy for taking himself out of a situation that he knew could be dangerous and harmful for him even though he probably really wanted to be there.

Also, are you really saying A-Rod has dealt with his situation better? He lied about what he did. Appalled his suspension and denied he did anything wrong again and when he did a apologize finally he did it in a letter. Not only that but he didn't even admit to what he did. Plus he threw everyone under the bus.

Hamilton has always been honest and open about his Substance problems and relapses when he's had them and never blamed anyone but himself.

you forgot he tried to sue the Yankees and MLB

That is one such post, but I have seen a few others (including you calling out AJ - who never says a negative thing about anyone or anything - in this thread).

No you haven't unless you lurk the soccer forum...unless you're group thinking again like you were with veterans.

I post in this forum maybe 1-4 times a month because there's no point, but even then AJ has taken shots and it probably stems from calling out the times everyone is on a topic and he purposely creates the same thread, but does the message board twist to direct traffic his way. He's the master of taking a hot topic here and turning it into a thread title with a obscure question attached....and likely asked in the hot topic thread.

Yeah.  I hate how unsympathetic and indignant people can get.  I really hope people don't treat him like he's some perpetual **** up like they did with the bar incident.  You start treating relapses like they erase all your accomplishments and hard work, then that's likely what they'll become.

he pretty much is a perpetual **** up

No you haven't unless you lurk the soccer forum...unless you're group thinking again like you were with veterans.

I post in this forum maybe 1-4 times a month because there's no point, but even then AJ has taken shots and it probably stems from calling out the times everyone is on a topic and he purposely creates the same thread, but does the message board twist to direct traffic his way. He's the master of taking a hot topic here and turning it into a thread title with a obscure question attached....and likely asked in the hot topic thread.

I am probably just group thinking then, my bad. I'll withhold forming any more judgments until I see what everyone else has to say.

A guy is all but stealing $250 million from the team we follow, and its the posters who get chastised.

I say give him, Carl Pavano, and the Jason Schmidts the world credit. It's like the mortgage crisis with sports where people complain and it keeps happening or nothing changes.

Not to mention, aren't you the biggest proponent here for owners and their spending?

Or do you blame the owners and the players, as well?

So since I'm arguing against one extreme, that must mean I'm in favor of the opposite extreme of being completely permissive? False dichotomy much?

I don't care how rich someone is, there's no amount of money that makes them not susceptible to the same weaknesses we all are. This is someone who has clearly put in an incredible effort to improve himself, if he hadn't, he would not have come as far as he has.  Has he been perfect in his efforts? No, but why does it seem the only options here are perfection or absolute failure? The good doesn't erase the bad, nor the bad the good. He's progressed and he's regressed, there's nothing written in stone here that says this has to be anything more than a set back in his quest of becoming the person he wants to be.  Setbacks, screw ups, are a part of life, we've all had them, and you're not going to get very far if you start looking at it as anything more than a setback.  You say addicts look for excuses, well what about the excuse of "I'm a terrible person, I can't do anything right, it doesn't matter what I do, I"ll just screw up anyway"?  You don't think that self-loathing mindset has been used by addicts to justify spinning out of control and self-destructing?

No that isn't what I was saying.  I'm saying that it is up to Josh to deal with the court of public opinion.  If it is too much for him he shouldn't be playing in the MLB to begin with because he should care more about the well being of his family.  I'm not saying I hate the guy, just that I don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for his family and for the situation and I would never have wished this on them or even Josh himself.   I've just known enough addicts to where this kind of thing just makes me shake my head.  I am also pretty unforgiving when children are affected.  The thing is, people haven't told Hamilton he is worthless.  People have supported him for years.  He has had more help, financially and otherwise, than just about any addict I can think of.  So its not all of the sudden our duty to be 100% supportive of him to make sure he doesn't have some self-fulfilling prophecy.  I can understand feeling sorry for him.  If I hadn't personally dealt with addicts my entire life I probably would feel bad for him.  I just don't care anymore.  I just can't feel sorry for someone who, even if just for a moment, chose drugs over his kids and his family. I do hope the best for him and I hope he gets the help he needs. 

I am probably just group thinking then, my bad. I'll withhold forming any more judgments until I see what everyone else has to say.

What does it matter? I doubt anyone pulls anything of substance in this forum....my last post was days ago about a Peter Gammons death joke in the Moncada thread.

this thread is like when you are talking on the phone and then you get a text, and then an email, and then someone is trying to ask you a question from the other room and the tv is on and then the dog starts barking because someone is ringing the doorbell.  and it's Jose Mota.

Seriously folks, say what you want about Josh Hamilton the baseball player.

But as a human being, some of the things being said in this thread are terrible. Where's the ****ing compassion for a person with a crippling addiction?

I take it very few people on here have had drug problems...

are you an addict?

I'm hitting my main forum quota until opening day.

It was bound to happen when I took a business trip to central CA (looks like a heavy meth city) and instead of watching the ~25 channels in the hotel room hopped in this forum to see the posts from people with actual knowledge of this situation.