• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

OK -- reading the thread makes it a bit clearer what's happening.

Hamilton is confessing rather than getting 'caught' in a violation.

There is a first time recovery rehab/ recovery program which is an incentive to self-report.

this may avoid an MLB suspension and pursuant to the MLBPA agreement may supercede any 'conduct clause' language in his contract.

i.e. he doesn't get suspended by MLB, but enters program (3 months? 6 months?) and is paid his salary while in the program.....

Angels probably have some insurance for this although given Hamilton's history not sure what insurance carrier would have insured this risk..........

well, not defending Hamilton and his actions/conduct in the least -- but Halos did know Hamilton's history, the risk they were taking and what they were getting into when they signed Hamilton to the F/A contract that most of all (virtually every regular) at Angelswin.com thought was a BIG MISTAKE at the time it was announced.

Just got home from work and saw this. Unbelievable.

I'm not going to read all 15 pages of this thread. The first page was depressing enough for one day.

Well, to update you so you aren't mislead. From page one to later this afternoon it was found out that Josh tried to join ISIS and move to Syria. So the good news is he hasn't had a relapse. Knew you would want to know the truth.

It was on FOX news.

From Bill Shaikin

@BillShaikin: Hearing it's unlikely Josh Hamilton would be treated as a first-time offender if -- and this is not confirmed -- he had drug relapse.

The truth is he is not a first time offender employed to play baseball by a MLB team. Hiding behind a clause that separates the minors from the majors should be a real issue the commissioner should address. 

Just to play devils advocate.  But people here are saying that the MLB clubhouse is not a place for him.  First, I don't think coke is rampant in the clubhouse, except maybe the managers office in Texas.

But maybe his relapse was due to the whatever tv show his wife or him are on?  Because well, coke and entertainers never mix.  And I'm sorry folks.  But for an addict, you suddenly find yourself in a situation where it's available, no matter how much you try to avoid it.  Sometimes you just can't.  

1424559982455.cached.jpg

It was posted earlier that he would still count against the cap even though the Angels don't have to pay him. The only way the Angels save against the Tax is if he gets banned

I don't think that's true. I think that was a question. Here is a link that says A-Rod wouldn't count if he were suspended for 2014 (as was the case)

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1727705-were-the-yankees-rooting-for-alex-rodriguez-to-be-suspended-from-baseball

Granted it's bleacher report

I don't think that's true. I think that was a question. Here is a link that says A-Rod wouldn't count if he were suspended for 2014 (as was the case)

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1727705-were-the-yankees-rooting-for-alex-rodriguez-to-be-suspended-from-baseball

Granted it's bleacher report

Doesn't seem fair to count the salary against the cap if the player gets suspended for the year. I hope that's the case.

the cap number is a prorated avg of what a player earns over the life of the contract.  my guess is that whatever money he loses as a result of a suspension comes off the top of the entire contract and a new average is obtained for the remainder.  

His cap number before was 25 mil/yr.  So 50 mil of that is already accounted for.   If he gets suspended for half the year, then 12.5 mil comes off the total of 75mil left and the total remaining would be 62.5mil spread over three years.   So this year's number would be around 21mil.  

Pretty pathetic thread reading.

Dude seems to have succumbed to a known addiction and some are more worried about how it affects payroll or what the lineup looks like.

Issue is bigger than baseball.

that was acknowledged several times during this thread if you read the whole thing.  

It's sucks for him and his family and I hope he can overcome it. 

It also has an effect on the team and fans have a right to be concerned about that as well.  Or at least to discuss it considering that this is a website where one of the primary functions is to do just that.  

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/68034248/hamilton-shrinks-accountability-partners-role

"When Hamilton got back into baseball in 2007, Johnny Narron served in that role. In February 2012, three months after Narron took the job as Brewers hitting coach -- and less than a month after Hamilton's step-father backed out in order to be with his family -- Shayne Kelley stepped in.

Kelley was employed by the Rangers and the Angels and was with Hamilton at virtually all times during the 2012 and '13 regular seasons.

Taking Kelley's place on a part-time basis will be Boyd Bassham, whom Hamilton knows from his church in Texas. Bassham will fly to road games from his Dallas-area home, continue with the team to any other city they visit on the trip, then return home when the Angels return to Southern California.

Bassham will attend all road games except those in Arlington and in Houston. Chad Harrington, who has known Hamilton for five years and, as Hamilton said, "loves me a lot," will step in for games in Texas."

I read it and I get it. It's the same kids that post bullshit and sports fan guy that values how their sports teams do more than life issues.

I don't mind asking questions or considering outcomes and options, but the knee jerk AW detectives and the judgement are pretty gross. Some of the stuff posted is pretty low and makes me feel ashamed to be associated as a member and fellow Angels fan.

I guess I am entitled to the same opinion as their or whatever you're defending.

His life issues never seem to come to a resolution. So the fanbase is fed up with all of the excuses from a guy that has more money than he can shove up his nose. He has a family and ****s them over every couple years. He has a fanbase and ****s them over every year with a miriad of excuses why his blue eyes and chew habit don't meld well with his caffiene addiction and sliding head first.

So... **** him and his life issues.