• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

how do we know that the halos didn't try and the mlbpa made it up to the player and it couldn't be in the contract?  

If that is true, and Hamilton dismissed the need, it should have posed a major red flag to the Angels (no pun intended). 

The accountability partner or lack thereof should have been discussed when first negotiating with Hamilton.

the angels are idiots here.

You're forking over 30m a yr for a guy who needs a damn babysitter. Did they think about any of this?

Bingo.

Giving $125M to a drug addict is not very smart. 

Judging by how the Angels have acted.  It sounds like this might be the end of the process.  Especially if a suspension is about to come down.

It's curious that news about Hamilton didn't get leaked sooner.  Usually it does with other types of suspensions.  Case in point = A-Rod.  We heard about his problems long before any meetings with MLB brass in New York.

Edited by mp170.6

Jose Mota and Roger Lodge analyzing this right now on AM830.

"You see the problem with taking of the drugs is in the fact that in taking drugs you are putting your health into the line of fire and not only can hurt your own self but the family can as well be hurt in the long run"

-Jose Mota, 2015

Hamilton is / was paid well enough to afford his own accountability partner. 

Sometimes it's better when someone who has a financial interest in a person pays for it, and not the person themselves.  While Hamilton can afford his own accountability partner, it's a different situation when a outside source pays for someone to stay with him on the road, eat dinner with him, manage his money, etc.  And since it's from an outside source, while Hamilton can eventually veto him, the consequences of a veto will go back to the outside source.  Chances of a veto wouldn't be very common.

If Hamilton is paying, then it would be easier to veto the services, then do what they want.  Because Hamilton is the boss.

Sometimes it's better when someone who has a financial interest in a person pays for it, and not the person themselves. While Hamilton can afford his own accountability partner, it's a different situation when a outside source pays for someone to stay with him on the road, eat dinner with him, manage his money, etc. And since it's from an outside source, while Hamilton can eventually veto him, the consequences of a veto will go back to the outside source. Chances of a veto wouldn't be very common.

If Hamilton is paying, then it would be easier to veto the services, then do what they want. Because Hamilton is the boss.

Maybe they could go halfsies.

While I'm frustrated with his performance on the field (yes I voted him as the most frustrating Angel on our recent poll), addictions are real and we're all subject to slip up every now and then. I feel bad for him and his family.

Yeah.  I hate how unsympathetic and indignant people can get.  I really hope people don't treat him like he's some perpetual **** up like they did with the bar incident.  You start treating relapses like they erase all your accomplishments and hard work, then that's likely what they'll become.

Edited by Angels Never Die

can the angels void his contract? is there room in the CBA for something like that under certain circumstances?

If there is a clause in the contract...otherwise, no (I'm guessing).

User Actions   
 Follow

steven marcus Verified account
‏@newsdaymarcus
Josh Hamilton's father-in-law Michael Chadwick said player has ``hit a bump in the road, keep him in your prayers.''

At some point, you need to repave that bumpy road. Maybe this guy just cannot handle the limelight and the celebrity. I know he will never admit that and walk away from all of that money, but that is probably what should happen if he actually wants to stay sober.

Think about being on the road for these guys. Partying, women throwing themselves at you, endless funds and then add on to that being an addict. Definitely a very difficult path for someone that has zero self control. 

Edited by robblin17

i'm all for supporting people with problems.

unfortunately however, therre are certain problems that can kill when not addressed in a serious manner.

support of people that wont help themselves is a disease process in itself.

i wish mr. hamilton good luck.

Edited by shellback