• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

Except wouldn't Arte then have to then pay him every cent reaming on the contract? If he doesn't release him then Hamilton will still be subject to drug tests and will soon be banned.

He did it before with Appier. Gave away Matthews to the Mets. I don't think he would subject another team to this problem by trying to trade him and I'm quite sure no team is taking that call right now.

Heh, good one.  Seriously though, he had no accountability person since coming to the Angels, right? 

If so, Moreno/DiPoto/Scioscia are to blame for not insisting on one.

Why does anyone need an accountability person? Shouldn't we all just be accountable for ourselves? Angels FO is not to blame for Hamilton's errors...Hamilton is.

The only thing is, I highly doubt they ban him or even suspend him for an entire year. Since he has fought so hard to be sober for so long I bet they go easy on him.

Can't even imagine the type of lawsuits that opens MLB up to. An organization like that can't just change policy because they really like you and it looked like you tried really hard.

Why does anyone need an accountability person? Shouldn't we all just be accountable for ourselves? Angels FO is not to blame for Hamilton's errors...Hamilton is.

Because that's what kept him out of trouble in Texas. 

Why give the guy a $125 million contract and remove his crutches so to speak in a new environment with new people?  That seems really stupid on Moreno's part.

Because that's what kept him out of trouble in Texas. 

Why give the guy a $125 million contract and remove his crutches so to speak in a new environment with new people?  That seems really stupid on Moreno's part.

Why sign a guy with that kind history to begin with. Arte is more at fault for that than he is for Hamilton's inability to stay sober.

Really ignorant to not have something in a contract that large that involves drugs and/or an accountability person, especially with his history.  I'd have had Johnny Narron signed as part of the contract.  I know an addict is an addict, and if there's a will there's a way, but the Angels should have at least had something in place to protect their investment to the best of their abilities.

I feel bad for his kids.

I hate to say it, but it was pretty irresponsible for him to have a large family.

Dude can't even go anywhere without a babysitter following him around and giving him an allowance. He can barely take care of himself, and can't deal with the responsibility of being a good parent.

I feel bad for his kids too.

Why sign a guy with that kind history to begin with. Arte is more at fault for that than he is for Hamilton's inability to stay sober.

That's a valid point.  I can't disagree with you there. 

Something which baffles my mind is the recklessness of Moreno in wasting money.  How did he ever become a billionaire spending money like this? 

That's a valid point.  I can't disagree with you there. 

Something which baffles my mind is the recklessness of Moreno in wasting money.  How did he ever become a billionaire spending money like this? 

I always find this interesting because from what I have heard is that Moreno runs one of the most frugal front offices in all of baseball. Something even to the effect that the FO people are underpaid and under staffed.

Just hearsay from those I know that have worked in the FO and I believe there was an article about the slim team the Angel FO has. 

I always find this interesting because from what I have heard is that Moreno runs one of the most frugal front offices in all of baseball. Something even to the effect that the FO people are underpaid and under staffed.

Just hearsay from those I know that have worked in the FO and I believe there was an article about the slim team the Angel FO has. 

I've heard that too. 

How much money would you guess Moreno has flushed on bad contracts since his arrival?  I would guess at least $500 million.